The BA's basic audio system - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2002, 04:39   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

The BA's basic audio system

Sup everyone...

Just a quick question to anyone out there who has had the opportunity to blast the 'premium' sound package available as an option on the lower BA models. Is it good or what?

We currently own a VX Berlina and I am reasonably satisfied with the audio system. It has some oomph and doesn't distort when put up pretty high. I test drove a BA Futura the other day, and IMO the base audio system SUCKED. The base was pretty woffly and muzzled and it couldn't go very high without distorting.

So is the premium sound worth it? How well does the '150watt' subwoofer go?

I'd really like to know if the $985 option is worth it, seeing as though an XR6T is on my shopping list :)
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2002, 04:56   #2 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

I have the premium sound in my AU, no idea how it compares to BA, but it's very good and is plenty loud enough.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:17   #3 (permalink)
Mr 3D

Ford sound systems are usually good, I think you will find that the BA's system is very close to the AU's. I dont think they were changing much, just more power most likely..........

Sipheren
2.5" Redback Exhust
WADE 1004-112 cam
XH Snorke
3.27 LSD
Sipheren07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 07:07   #4 (permalink)

It suprises me that you say the commodores is better than standard BA's. It completely contradicts wheels and motor's opinion of the AU's sound system, and the new falcons its much better (better than the AU2 futura company car, which is quite good), clear, plenty of bass (went to power ford and talked to the bloke there, he let me fiddle a bit inside the car.... ) and easy to use.... Personally have only heard the Commodors at lower volumes, not enough to get an idea of it. Did sound tinny though.....

BTW, ford use pioneer for all there sound gear, and have for a few years now....... I reckon pioneer make good gear.
FORDV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 16:03   #5 (permalink)
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member

I would definately get the premium setup because it looks like its gonna be a bitch to put an aftermarket stereo in a BA.... which is a shame.

1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia 5.0L Wagon,
Lowered, Tinted, 17" Speedy Ravens & 2.5" Sports Exhaust.
( 1 of 26 built )

AND

1985 Telstar TX5 Turbo, stock as a rock.
eb_5litre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 16:19   #6 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

I would go for the Premium set up, and than upgrade the speakers with some quality units.
Old 10-15-2002, 18:04   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FORDV8
It suprises me that you say the commodores is better than standard BA's. It completely contradicts wheels and motor's opinion of the AU's sound system, and the new falcons its much better (better than the AU2 futura company car, which is quite good), clear, plenty of bass (went to power ford and talked to the bloke there, he let me fiddle a bit inside the car.... ) and easy to use.... Personally have only heard the Commodors at lower volumes, not enough to get an idea of it. Did sound tinny though.....

BTW, ford use pioneer for all there sound gear, and have for a few years now....... I reckon pioneer make good gear.
Once again, its only my opinon.

My dad owned an AU Forte before changing to a VX earlier this year. The sound quality on that one was absolute rubbish. I didn't even bother turning it on most of the time. But i guess people have their own opinion of good sound (did you even check the audio settings of the commodores? Ppl often forget to up the bass and treble).
I'm confident the premium setup will sound a lot better though. And whoever said that it'll be hard to put an aftermarket stereo in is right.. I have no idea how anyones going to do that.. It could get messy.
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 19:14   #8 (permalink)

Hrmm, did you try putting the loud setting on. It increases the very low and very high frequencies, sounds much clearer also. Then adjust the bass and trebble to fit.

How come the BA is going to be hard to change?? Could someone explain this to me.
FORDV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 20:41   #9 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

Just a shame you cant get the premium system in the XT :(

Cause the premium system in the BA sounds awesome. The XR6T they had at the dealer open night had the 6 stacker loaded with various CD's. I was impressed to say the least. Plenty of bass that went right through the seat, no audible distortion at any level I cranked it too....Nice!

However let it be known that my current stereo system in my EA S pack is the stock two speaker Philips tape deck. So authority on the matter I am not :)
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 23:30   #10 (permalink)
Pinky!

I would actually prefer to have the normal audio system and save a bit of money. In my case as I posted on another thread I already have some high quality audio speakers that are way better than the Ford premium ones. I will simply be replacing the standard audio speakers with those and adding my amp. The sound quality will be better than premium, only difference will be no 6 stacker. I prefer singles in the front anyway.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub