Base Care Warranty - doesn't cover bolts..? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2003, 05:18   #1 (permalink)
need BOOST

frown Base Care Warranty - doesn't cover bolts..?

Hi Guys,

Bought my AU XR8 about 9 months ago and recently busted the passenger side engine mount (leaving a nice little dent in the bonnet)

I have 12mths of 'Base Care' factory warranty which does cover engine mounts, so I took it in to my local dealer for a repair. Turns out the actual engine mount bolts have snapped off inside the block.

The service guy from the dealership has advised me that the engine mount bolts aren't covered by the warranty, so I am up for the $520 repair bill.

I have always been cynical of dealer warrantys but being backed by the factory, I thought it may be worth something. Am I getting screwed..?

I want to get a second opinion, but after this they are probably going to drag out the misuse/abuse thing or screw me because they didn't sign my warranty book last time I got it serviced.

Is there anything I can do..?

DT
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2003, 15:52   #2 (permalink)
SHAKEN, not stirred

Re: Base Care Warranty - doesn't cover bolts..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
Hi Guys,

Bought my AU XR8 about 9 months ago and recently busted the passenger side engine mount (leaving a nice little dent in the bonnet)

I have 12mths of 'Base Care' factory warranty which does cover engine mounts, so I took it in to my local dealer for a repair. Turns out the actual engine mount bolts have snapped off inside the block.

The service guy from the dealership has advised me that the engine mount bolts aren't covered by the warranty, so I am up for the $520 repair bill.

DT
If the "Base Care" does cover engine mounts, HIGHLIGHT this to local dealer.
Whats the build date, is it inside the three years = new care warranty.

Try Ford Customer Relationship Centre 13 36 73, for help if no satisfaction

Hey Iam from Wollongong, without directly naming the dealer give me a hint and I'll suss out some things for ya (I have some good contacts)

Regards

Paul

check our website
www.fpvclub.com

BA GT....CITRIC, with its own set of black skidmarks along the sides. and boost fed from a set of pulleys.
Happiness is a Blown GT and the lovely Lizzie by my Side

Last edited by Paul V; 08-21-2003 at 16:28.
Paul V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 19:57   #3 (permalink)
need BOOST

Hi Paul, the car was built Oct 1999. I bought it Nov 2002, just after the factory warranty ran out.

The dealer I have taken it to is at Yallah (not the dealer I bought it from though).

I am hoping the guy I was talking to was just tired/hungover/broken up with his girlfriend or something and not thinking straight.

It defies logic that they would cover a part but not the bolts that tie it down...

Thanks for the 13 number, I'll check I am right with those guys and follow up with the dealer.

Cheers,
David Thomson
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub