Bathurst is going to be ours - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2001, 22:57   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Bathurst is going to be ours

Prodrive is going to help ALL the Ford teams to kick H@lden's ass at Bathurst.
It was originally supposed to be only for FTR but Prodrive agreed to help all the teams.
Prodrive has also revealed that they are going to help all the Ford teams with their cars throughout 2002.
And expect a new paint scheme for the Pirtek Falcon at Bathurst.
( about bloody time )
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2001, 23:11   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

What makes you think that the Pirtec Ford will have a new paint job????!!!!
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 23:19   #3 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Well, Marcos Ambrose is a member on Conrod.com.au (Devil Racer) and he mentioned that SBR have made a computer generated design of the new paint scheme for Bathurst.
Don't forget that SBR changed the paint scheme of the Caltex Falcon for Bathurst last year as well.:p
Old 08-15-2001, 23:21   #4 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

What makes you think Prodrive know's anything more about V8Supercar racing than the current Ford teams already know? I hope it is a compeditive race this year, but I doubt Prodrive will be a magic bullet for the Ford crews. BTW - some of them seem to be doing pretty well on their own.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 23:22   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gms00
Well, Marcos Ambrose is a member on Conrod.com.au (Devil Racer) and he mentioned that SBR have made a computer generated design of the new paint scheme for Bathurst.
Don't forget that SBR changed the paint scheme of the Caltex Falcon for Bathurst last year as well.:p
Stick dat tounge back in before I yank it off!!!:D
Nah, good point.
I hope they do...
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 03:55   #6 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
What makes you think Prodrive know's anything more about V8Supercar racing than the current Ford teams already know? I hope it is a compeditive race this year, but I doubt Prodrive will be a magic bullet for the Ford crews. BTW - some of them seem to be doing pretty well on their own.
I agree, I cant see DJR needing any help from prodrive. Glen Seton needs all the help he can get, why he bothers racing is beyond me. The guy has lost the plot. John Bowe needs to think about retiring as well, or get another car.
Old 08-16-2001, 04:21   #7 (permalink)

mad

You have to wonder what Ford are thinking when things like this happen. According to a newspaper report David Richards expressed dismay at why the naming right Tickford team was performing so poorly. Now you have to wonder what the hell is going on.

Marsden you have got this wrong
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 04:27   #8 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

was'nt there a rumour about howard running or getting a Holden team together.
Old 08-16-2001, 04:39   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
was'nt there a rumour about howard running or getting a Holden team together.
I don't know about that one. Howard is as blue as they come!

I know it is a waste of time asking someone at Ford to explain what the hell is going on because I have tried and been ignored.

I will just maintain that Avesco are slowly bleeding the sport dry and from an outsiders point of view the Tickford name is being undersupported by Ford in preference to drivers names
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 04:45   #10 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2

I don't know about that one. Howard is as blue as they come!

I know it is a waste of time asking someone at Ford to explain what the hell is going on because I have tried and been ignored.

I will just maintain that Avesco are slowly bleeding the sport dry and from an outsiders point of view the Tickford name is being undersupported by Ford in preference to drivers names
It may not be Holden, but I heard something, just cant remember what. But yeah your right, Ford is bleeding itself of Tickford. In another forum some months ago, I quoted myself as saying that Ford would pull away from Tickford. Seton would go back to GSR and get sponsorship from an outsider. If I remember rightly I had been told that Ford would run a team consisting of Lowndes and someone else, and have a backup car, well now its starting to happen. PLUS...the recent wars between Geoff and David have'nt helped things. So my spy has informed me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub