Bathurst Track Resurfacing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2001, 21:46   #1 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

mad Bathurst Track Resurfacing

Hey guys, having just come from a few laps of the mountain I have noticed that the BCC are doing a terrible job of the resurfacing. The actual track itself is fine, but it's once you get towards the edged of the circuit that this all turns to sh*t. I pity the fools who put a wheel off the edge of the circuit in any area because they left a drop off of about 2 inches to the grass at the side. They have tried to fix this by putting dirt and grass up against the side of the track but it is not working, it is soft as all hell and you sink in and create a hole wherever the wheel touches it. I think we weill be seeing a lot of cut tyres at the races this year because of the innocent looking track edges that will decintegrate on touch. These have been attempted to have been fixed for a while and I originally though it would improve, bit if anything it has been getting worse.
It will be interesting to see if anything is done to rectify this before the race, but it seems the council is quite happy to finish off the circuit edges in the same fashion as currently described above instead of doing the whole lot properly.
Maybe the teams wiull get to know this and complain before it is too late.
:fmad:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2001, 21:55   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

eek

Have the crews packed up and moved on or are they still working DK?
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 21:58   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

They're gone
Old 05-10-2001, 22:03   #4 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

If the Holdens run off the track slightly and have an incident I'll laugh if any of the Falcons do it then I'll know who to blame.:mad3:
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 22:03   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

I was going to say if they're still there they normally leave the shoulders 'till after the wearing course of the pavement has been layed. If they're gone and the shoulders are still like that, they'd wanna get back in a hurry 'cause what you've described sounds mighty dodgy.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Old 05-10-2001, 22:06   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

It's had about 3-3 1/2 months of wearing now because it was done just before I got here for uni. They packed up and got out of there a fair while ago. If i was the BCC i'd call the crews back to fix it, and fast.
Old 05-10-2001, 23:04   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Hopefully it's in their planned works to do the shoulders before the big race...
Old 05-10-2001, 23:07   #8 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Yeah I hope so but it doesn't look like it.

Hell they remarked the lines for the give way signs at the entry to the curcuit but not the grid, so there's the possibility that they'll be back although tha council should be able to mark the lines.
Old 05-10-2001, 23:31   #9 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

All give way and Stop lines are done quickly 'cause if they don't and there is an accident the council is at fault due to insufficient road markings. It's covered under the OHS Act. From memory CSR Emoleum did the resurfacing work and they would've had a subbie doing the linemarking. We do work for them all the time here in Crapberra...:thumbup:
Old 05-10-2001, 23:34   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Yep it was their equipment in the compound before it all went away. :rolleyes:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub