Battlefield 1942 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2002, 22:40   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Battlefield 1942

I know this has NOTHING to do with cars, HOWEVER in the game, you can drive cool jeeps and tanks and stuff like that!

On my machine, the game is running clear as a bell. However, if anyone out there is having problems, let me know, cause I got a nack of fixing them. This doesn't count if you don't have enough RAM or CPU speed!

http://www.hoon.tk
Ford XE Green n Gold 4.1L IL6 Nitrous Assisted. Best time to date: 14.338 @ 98MPH
Mazda 626 Faded Blue 2L IL4 NA Diesel!
Hoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2002, 04:46   #2 (permalink)

Im a Close Combat Fan atleast those games will run well on any sort of computer and their gameplay is fantastic for squad level combat. My favorite is CC3 the Russian Front however in the game the Wermacht never wins despite capturing Moscow, Breaking the Seige of Stalingrad, Winning the Battle of Kursk and preventing Army Group Centre from Collapsing.

Though you can get mods out there (Real Red) to change the course of history. If you are a true hard core wargamer like moi
I recommend the old classic Norm Kroger and East Front/ West Front series. Not as pretty graphics as the new ants pants games but teaches you the same sort of military tactics taught at Duntroon RMC and West Point. You can pick the East Front/ West Front/ Operation Sea Lion at Games stores dirt cheap. If your a real wargamer.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 07:27   #3 (permalink)

Hey hoon, i hear that the game is similar to Medal of Honor AA. true?? Coz MOHAA is a cracker of a game. the gameplay, graphics and the music are top notch.

is Battlefield 1942 worth getting?? is it that much different to MOHAA??
XFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 15:05   #4 (permalink)

I'll have to give that a shot Fonz!

XFreak: BF1942 takes gaming to a different level. In this, you can get inside tanks, half tracks, jeeps, subs, landing craft, ships, aircraft....and you can fire EVERY gun you can get your hands on! The graphics are good and the AI is hard! I love the game, and would reccomend it. And it's cheap.

Ford XE Green n Gold 4.1L IL6 Nitrous Assisted. Best time to date: 14.338 @ 98MPH
Old 09-19-2002, 23:16   #5 (permalink)

Sounds like a good game. thx.
XFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 17:55   #6 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fonz
Im a Close Combat Fan atleast those games will run well on any sort of computer and their gameplay is fantastic for squad level combat. My favorite is CC3 the Russian Front however in the game the Wermacht never wins despite capturing Moscow, Breaking the Seige of Stalingrad, Winning the Battle of Kursk and preventing Army Group Centre from Collapsing.

Though you can get mods out there (Real Red) to change the course of history. If you are a true hard core wargamer like moi
I recommend the old classic Norm Kroger and East Front/ West Front series. Not as pretty graphics as the new ants pants games but teaches you the same sort of military tactics taught at Duntroon RMC and West Point. You can pick the East Front/ West Front/ Operation Sea Lion at Games stores dirt cheap. If your a real wargamer.
Gday fonz, could you please tell me where I can get this mod and more about what it does and how it works. PM me if you don't want to write a huge chunk on the forum. Thanks.
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 15:48   #7 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

BF1942 is multiplayer only isn't it?
Old 09-25-2002, 18:11   #8 (permalink)

Nope! single player, but multiplayer is where it's good.

Old 09-26-2002, 18:03   #9 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

HOON - thanx heaps! - the bloody blurbs and magazine articles I'd seen had led me to think it was multi only - I'll go grab a copy now!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub