Believe it or not ... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2002, 15:11   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Believe it or not ...

I have heard of this being done by people other than professionals but I've never met a non-professional who has actually done it, although I know plenty who have tried and failed.

I actually fixed a 2 stroke mower motor that died with multiple accessories problems and it actually goes heaps better than before.

I got so carried away I actually mig welded the holes in the muffler and welded the muffler bracket back on, so now I can mow the lawn without ear muffs and annoying everybody in a 1k radius.

(I also got so carried away when I had it partly dismantled that I cleaned out a couple of bales of chaff and then decided to give it a degrease and mild pressure clean as well, and soaked the magneto into inoperability, which I only found out when I reassembled it and it wouldn't start, leading to fresh disassembly and more self-induced problems like breaking the fuel tap so I couldn't reconnect the fuel line and going into town (this is at the beach shack) and buying a new one but it must have fallen out of the hole in the bag which I discovered about 5 mins before the shop - which is 10 mins from the house - shut so I went back into town and looked for it and couldn't find it and so on and so on. But none of this matters now that I have conquered a 2 stroke, after about 30 years of fearing the bastards.)
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2002, 16:37   #2 (permalink)

Congratulations! I remember at school we got to pull apart mowers and (attempt) to put them back together, as I recall I had some "spare" fasteners left over after assembly so I disposed of them down the spark plug hole, problem solved, except the mower wouldn't run. Oh well, can't have your cake and eat it too I suppose.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 16:42   #3 (permalink)
"Bloody Beautiful"

Buy a four stroke and say good bye to stressful weekends.
------------------------------------------------
TE50 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 17:04   #4 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TE50 1
Buy a four stroke and say good bye to stressful weekends.
I did, and Victa and Tecumseh can shove their catch n' mulch mower donk up their corporate arses. Bloody thing did about half a dozen lawns before dying and going back under warranty and has never been satisfactory in the couple of years I've had it.

Then again, the previous Briggs & Stratton 4 stroke was used professionally for a year and did another fifteen years before it got a bit tired. I should have kept it.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 18:16   #5 (permalink)

EA, get a honda - they are pricey, but they just keep going. dad uses honda mowers for work and he couldn't be happier
Old 03-13-2002, 16:20   #6 (permalink)
"Bloody Beautiful"

EA,

Get yourself a masport mulcher only. I've had it for 2 years now change oil and plug once a year, starts first go every weekend, no catcher and the lawns never looked so healthy.
------------------------------------------------
TE50 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub