Blue Lights in front bar - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2002, 02:43   #1 (permalink)

Blue Lights in front bar

Who Else has colour lights on there car ?

I have 3 blue navra trailer lights in the middle of my bumper bar and the lens are not visable as they are in behind the bumper bar and at night it shines a blue glow along the botton of the bumper bar.
They have been on the car for about nine months and in this time i have been pulled over be the cops for RBT and drove pass them with these lights and nothing has been said.

The other night a cop chased me pulled me over and fined me and gave me a defect notice no quistions ask of these blue lights.

What gets me no other police have been concern and nothing have never been said to me while at a RBT at night.

I fine this abit unfair as in 9 months time nothing has been said to me and i get one smart cop who pulls me over for them and just fines me.If there not alloud a warning should of been giving not a fine i feel.

I see heeps of cars with these neon lights on there cars which are twice as bright as my little lights in behind my bumper.

I think he was just upset because i was in a ford and my lights look better than his in his boomadore

what do you think about this ?
I have written a letter to the RTA about this,i know its a wast of time but worth a try and why has no other cop cared and this one did and asked no quistions
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2002, 02:53   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I think you knew they were illegal and got complacent because you didnt get defected .. "Just coz everyone else did it" is not a good enough reason.
stop whining.
Old 08-17-2002, 03:04   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

They are illegal. I think you can use any colour except blue (and maybe red).
I would recomend not driving around with them on. Ideally you should get a warning etc, but it does not have to be that way. You can't plead ignorance of the law.
Old 08-17-2002, 03:06   #4 (permalink)

my understanding is that if the colour lens are not visable and if the lights aint derect to oncomin triffic your alloud to have,

but my point is why didnt any other coppers say anything.they had 9 months to say something why wait now ?????? huh?
please explain
Old 08-17-2002, 03:14   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

maybe they were busy..unlike what people think ..police DO do other stuff rather than run around giving out speeding tickets.

Time to get over it
Old 08-17-2002, 03:18   #6 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

I agree with xa-coupe here. Blue lights are illegal on the exterior of any car. You will be busted for impersonating an emergency vehicle to the best of my knowledge.

Besides, you should have been defected for a "RICE INFRINGEMENT (tm)".
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
Old 08-17-2002, 03:22   #7 (permalink)

Pulled over about 5 times for RBT and dunno know how many i have pass and there all been to busy 12am in the moring i dont think so

any how i think you should get over it and i will stick to my point
Old 08-17-2002, 03:25   #8 (permalink)
proffesional stupid head

consider ya self lucky ya didnt get fined all the other times
Old 08-17-2002, 03:27   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

dude, you keep on being the rebel... the complaint you are making to the RTA will probably be put up on the wall as entertainment.

RBT's are there to catch drink drivers.. little ricer lights are secondary
Old 08-17-2002, 03:28   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Look, if you do something that is illegal, which this is, then you have to expect that you will be fined/defected for it, they are the rules, there isn't any fexibility, you are either breaking them or you are not, in this case you were breaking them, and you got penalised, so you will just have to cop it sweet.

If you didn't get done all the other times, well consider that good fortune, don't consider it as being ok to do it, because if it is illegal, it's illegal, no two ways about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub