This board and the Aussie Forums - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2002, 19:21   #1 (permalink)
Can't get enough of it!

This board and the Aussie Forums

Okay, time for you all to sit back and take some well-earned praise here!

I've been around for a few years (40, in fact, although I feel 21!) and bought my XR in April last year. It took me a while to find these forums on the net (I think Ford refered me to them, in fact, after an email query about something) but I'd just like to say "Well done".

I've been into computing for quite a while (I used to run a sizeable BBS in WA a few years ago, before the Internet got 'popular') and I am happy to say that this is one of the best sites I have come across.

You've all been very helpful, patient with my stupid (non-mechanic type) questions and I've got a lot of information that's been enlightning to me that will only make my experience with my XR6 better. Above all, I've seen very little of the slanging, back-stabbing crap that occurs on other systems similar to this (a famous pilot based one comes to mind, that I also frequent).

This morning I happened to run across the name "Geoff Polites" and, in the context of the post, realised that he was someone important in the Ford scheme of things (sorry, Geoff, I'm not enough of a Ford 'nut' to know your name otherwise!). After reading all of his posts via the search engine and seeing how many other Ford and Tickford people frequent and actively participate on these forums has prompted me to write this message. Treasure that relationship, foster it and use it to the advantage of both parties. I'm sure most of you know how valuable it is.

So, keep up the good work, I'll be making a monetary contribution soon and thanks for the opportunity to use the forums.

Thanks also to Geoff and the team for the opportunity to drive the best goddam car I've ever owned (and I've had a few, believe me). I still get a buzz when I see people drooling over it and when the carwash guy or the petrol station guy says "Nice car, you happy with it?". Needless to say, I then proceed to attempt to convince them to buy one!

Thanks again,

Simon....
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2002, 19:34   #2 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Well said. It's all the old guys like yourself, EA S, Geoff P, Happy Jack et al that make this place so relaxed and easy going. We young 'uns don't want to leave the oldies behind..... :s6:

As for your comments on the XR ownership experience, neglecting my engine probs (self inflicted really) this car is FANTASTIC! Such a nice change owning a good car.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 19:42   #3 (permalink)
Can't get enough of it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
Well said. It's all the old guys like yourself, EA S, Geoff P, Happy Jack et al that make this place so relaxed and easy going. We young 'uns don't want to leave the oldies behind..... :s6:
I asked for that. Just as well you're over 'there'! :s6:

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
As for your comments on the XR ownership experience, neglecting my engine probs (self inflicted really) this car is FANTASTIC! Such a nice change owning a good car.
Yeah, well, I have a few niggling problems, but nothing earth shattering and that can't be fixed!

Case in point: I was driving to a friends place last night, on a warm Perth evening, sunroof open, drivers window down, CD up to a comfortable level and pushing the car a little harder around the corners than I should have :s3 and thought "Geez, I love this car". Summed it all up.

Simon <sob>....
Old 01-21-2002, 19:55   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by AUIIXR6

Case in point: I was driving to a friends place last night, on a warm Perth evening, sunroof open, drivers window down, CD up to a comfortable level and pushing the car a little harder around the corners than I should have :s3 and thought "Geez, I love this car". Summed it all up.

i know EXACTLY what you mean! sometimes i just sit in my car and think "god i love this car!"

but as you said in one of your previous posts, this really is an easygoing place. i've been to quite a few boards in my time (autospeed.com.au, caranddriver.com, roadandtrack.com and others) but none were this good.

i can also thank you all for making this a very pleasant experience.
Old 01-21-2002, 19:55   #5 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

Good to see you enjoy our company AUIIXR6, & well said Pete.
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 20:50   #6 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Quote:
Originally posted by smciner1
Good to see you enjoy our company AUIIXR6, & well said Pete.
See, case in point. We even like having real Ford workers who drive overpowered, carby fed, old bangers like SMcIner1 on these boards. Even if he goes and puts all that whizz bang electronic ignition new fangled stuff on his engine......:s6: :s5

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 21:22   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by AUIIXR6
Okay, time for you all to sit back and take some well-earned praise here!
That was a fantastic post Simon. You've summed up the philosophy of FordForums to a tee.
I honestly believe that the people who use FordForums are a different breed to most forum users. Everybody is tolerant, willing to help and interested in the auto industry. It's the members that make the difference.
Case in point.. The other day I visited a board I hadn't been to in a while, and all I found was people slaging off and generally being arseholes to each other. What else was I to do but leave. Can't say I'll be back there for some time to come.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 22:57   #8 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

hey AUII, which BBS was that? 1990 multiline? something else?
discokin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 23:38   #9 (permalink)
Can't get enough of it!

Quote:
Originally posted by discokin6
hey AUII, which BBS was that? 1990 multiline? something else?
No, Graham P. and I aren't the same guy :s5 Try something more skywards (can't go giving my identity away too easily).

Simon....
Old 01-22-2002, 00:02   #10 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

AUIIXR6,

Great to see that your liking thuis board, and yeah it's always good to have a few oldies around to keep us crazy young guys on this forum in line.

Glad that your enjoying your XR, good to show others that Ford can build some of the finest cars around.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub