Boy Light Up... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2001, 21:50   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Boy Light Up...

Since Geoff and David read our post I thought I'd give my suggestion towards the a new Ford commercials.

This would be a killer commercial and would have a big impact on the audience in my opinion, specialy the younger audince.
Ford should have a commercial for its high perfomance cars, ie Mustang, TE50 and a hot XR8. What they should do is get Craig, Setto n the Rat to drive them in the commercial.

Picture this, the three fellas sittin outside a crowded bar drinkin n its quiet n borring as, then the camera tuns to the from and takes a shot of their rides (mustang, xr8, te50) then the next scene "Boys Light Up" starts crankin n the fellas get up n start doing doughnuts on bitumen infrom of the bar with the crowd cuttin sick n the music crankin!!!

WE HAVE IGNITION! :D
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2001, 21:59   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

How long do you think that would last before it gets taken off tv in the same way of the VU SS ute? :(

Good Idea though :D
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 22:06   #3 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Good thinking but the only problem is that it would get banned before it even goes on t.v .
The current Ford adds are okay but they need to spice it up a little bit.
Old 06-07-2001, 22:07   #4 (permalink)
Ford Member

Eventhough the VU SS ute commercial had a short life on tv it still had a big impact! People still talk about it! You only have to see it once or twice n in the time it was on air i say it about 100 times!

XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 22:33   #5 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

It's a pity so many anal retentive people are out there. Remember when fun was fun? And we thought the Nazis were harsh - look where we're going.

If they want to ban ads, I say ban the Toyota AValon ad where they're driving down the middle of the road....

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 03:48   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DONUT KING
How long do you think that would last before it gets taken off tv in the same way of the VU SS ute? :(

Good Idea though :D
Bingoooooooooooooo:(
Aussie government is stupid too I see.:rolleyes:
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 03:50   #7 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

The Ford Legal Dept would'nt allow it. Trust me.
Old 06-08-2001, 04:44   #8 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

How about this commercial for new XR8 220....

The screen slowly fades in, its Bathurst in all its colorfull glory, then a quick flashback and suddenly we're thrown into the days of B&W, there is a fixed camera looking into H*lden Skyline, the thundering sound of a V8 is getting louder, then finally the legendary HO roars past, its present day, same corner same angle, the colors are vibrant and the road is shimmering, here comes that sound again, and bang, the XR8 220 has blasted past the camera, violently shaking the view as it passes.

They could repeat this pattern through the ESSES, Dipper, and Forest Elbow, some of the best parts of the circuit in my opinion.

Throughout the whole add, the scenes happen very quickly, not getting a glimpse of the driver at any stage, then as the car crosses the start/finish line in the last scene, the handbrake is used to fang the car around to a stop! Lowndes exits the car.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 05:01   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by JEM
How about this commercial for new XR8 220....

The screen slowly fades in, its Bathurst in all its colorfull glory, then a quick flashback and suddenly we're thrown into the days of B&W, there is a fixed camera looking into H*lden Skyline, the thundering sound of a V8 is getting louder, then finally the legendary HO roars past, its present day, same corner same angle, the colors are vibrant and the road is shimmering, here comes that sound again, and bang, the XR8 220 has blasted past the camera, violently shaking the view as it passes.

They could repeat this pattern through the ESSES, Dipper, and Forest Elbow, some of the best parts of the circuit in my opinion.

Throughout the whole add, the scenes happen very quickly, not getting a glimpse of the driver at any stage, then as the car crosses the start/finish line in the last scene, the handbrake is used to fang the car around to a stop! Lowndes exits the car.
Great idea JEM, with everything except IMO it'd be better if they didn't do the same corner twice, eg GT then XR8 but use the "morphing" technique where the GT turns into the XR8 when the camera gets 90 degrees to the car, so U see a XY GT coming into the corner then morph to XR8 on the way out. Possibly the opposite on the next corner where the XR8 enters but the XY GT exits. We would get to see both ends of both cars that way.

Rastus.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 05:08   #10 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Rastus

Great idea JEM, with everything except IMO it'd be better if they didn't do the same corner twice, eg GT then XR8 but use the "morphing" technique where the GT turns into the XR8 when the camera gets 90 degrees to the car, so U see a XY GT coming into the corner then morph to XR8 on the way out. Possibly the opposite on the next corner where the XR8 enters but the XY GT exits. We would get to see both ends of both cars that way.

Rastus.
And there's the finishing touches to the ad, well done mate, sounds cool
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub