Bread & Butter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2002, 16:48   #1 (permalink)

Tongue Bread & Butter

The difficulty for ford, remains producing a base line family model (bread & Butter) that can be dressed-up to a performance model (cream on top) without having to re-manufacture a whole new series of fabrication panels. Remember costs for ford remain in the production line process. The machines that stamp and fabricate the panels to produce the new design run into the tens of millions in capital costs. So the aim is to produce a production line facility that meets both ends of the market, (family and performance) a car that looks good with stock rims, for mum and dad, and looks even better with 17" alloys and lowered. And I think ford have done this. Ford have obviously tried to retain many of the fabrication compnents used in the AU, and produced variationtions in scolloping and design lines for the BA. You don't toss away the sheet metal fabrication machine used to produce the AU after four years of work, but you can make variations. Thats why the BA was never going to be radically different from the the AU. The AU was a big mistake (in sales figure trerms), and still has a big stigma attached to it in the market place, especially from the performance perspective, is the BA going to be able to overcome this hurdle?
TT398WIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2002, 17:23   #2 (permalink)
SM

yep
Old 07-17-2002, 17:27   #3 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Yes
AUPS
AU1SIXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 17:35   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

it will be a start.... it's always a long road back

you seem very negative about the whole BA thing... I say kick back and watch the show coz only time will tell
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 18:05   #5 (permalink)

Hard to say really. Hope so. Reaction from Ford fans has been mostly positive but most of the Holden guys aren't overly impressed. They could be swayed if the BA XR and T-Series (and GT if it eventuates) has some serious HP under the bonnet. Just hope the quality is there.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 21:59   #6 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

i think it will do better than AU, lets just put it that way.

And it doesn't matter if holden fans aren't impressed, actually i think they're probably in denial..and if they're genuinely not impressed, then they won't like VY either, coz they will be quite similar, although i think the VY's design won't blend as well as BA.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 06:41   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by JEM
i think it will do better than AU, lets just put it that way.

And it doesn't matter if holden fans aren't impressed, actually i think they're probably in denial..and if they're genuinely not impressed, then they won't like VY either, coz they will be quite similar, although i think the VY's design won't blend as well as BA.
From scoop shots it almost looks like the VY is trying to mimic the AU...... In the front end and light decals at least.
Its probably just me.
FORDV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 07:00   #8 (permalink)
Leafspring Owners Club

If they produce a good quality Fairmont level of appointment GT (as opposed to the more luxo T-series) they will get instant credability for the entry level models as well.

A few V8 Supercar wins (Bathurst this year) would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub