brisbane night life - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2004, 07:01   #1 (permalink)
BEER I NEED BEER

brisbane night life

any one in bris or been out in bris will like this and relate to it

>After reading this I will see you all at Fridays.... ....
>
>
>If you want to see girls in skimpy, bright clothes and listen to music that goes doof, doof, doof all night, go to Family or The Empire.
>If you want to wear your suit with pride and drink cocktails with all the other 'wanna-be's, who never 'will be', go to The Press Club, or The Hamilton Hotel.
>
>If you want to get laid, go to Fridays, The Victory or Adrenaline.
>
>If you want to get kissed on the cheek by a drunken old German man, go to Dooleys, Gilhooleys or PJ Obriens (see a trend??)
>
>If you want to get kissed or felted up by a Pissed Public Servant go to Irish Murphy's or SomePlace Else at the Sheraton on a Friday arvo
>
>If you want to hang out with frightening looking goths who are really quite nice to talk to, go to the Shamrock Hotel.
>
>If you wanna pick up within the first 10 minutes of arriving, you can always try the vast array of aussie chicks who can't dance to save themselves at either City Rowers or Alice's ... or for those living further south, there's always Beenleigh Tavern or anywhere in Logan. All you have to do is call out "Donna!!" or "Cheryl!!" and you'll be right mate.
>
>If you want to wear black dress pants, tight colouted shirts with six of your mates in the same gear and drink imported beers, go to The Rat and Parrot or the GPO.
>
>If you want to see the absolute scum of the earth - go to the Auroras.
>
>If you drive a WB Ute complete with bull bar, 2 meter UHF aerial, 'shoot ferals' & 'get real get wool' stickers, wear RM's, moleskins & chambray shirts but have never travelled further west than Edgecliff and claim your family was originally "from the land", go to the Breakfast Creek Hotel.
>
>If you'd like to see girls in white pants with dirty knee's... go to The Beat ... eewww! One of the few places where girls use the pickup Line "hi, I'm 16" (and it works!)
>
>If you want to cheap feed that doesn't taste like crap, go to The Norman Hotel for steaks. You can dead-set afford to eat out now every night.
>
>If you wanna pose with your oiled up pecks and shiny tight shirts, or go clubbing in stiletto heels - step this way for anywhere in the Valley .
>
>If you don't want to have to shave that mono-brow, think peroxide spikes are sexy, or otherwise have no idea... we have any number of inner city pubs-gone-clubs. You know the ones, two coloured lights a disco ball, some drunken office workers on the dance-floor pissed as.... The Brittania, CBD or the Criterion is the one for you.
>
>If you don't know f*#k-all about music, or have atrocious taste, but like the idea of kids on drugs, you might be tempted by one of Brisbane's fabulous raves! The Arena.
>
>If you miss your old barn dances go for the TAV, (Ferny Grove tavern to the uninitiated) it really has to be seen to be believed though doesn't it?
>
>If you still wanna something different, try going to Hotel LA ... the place where that "I'm a Barbie Girl" song by Aqua is classified as "techno".
>
>Last but not least if your a desperado and keen as and it's getting late - just go to Mary Street!
>
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2004, 07:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: brisbane night life

not a truer word has been said!!!

94 ED Futura
PROUD TQE OPERATOR
13.822 @ 99.67MPH - Willowbank 05/08/2006
OED666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 07:18   #3 (permalink)
BEER I NEED BEER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OED666
not a truer word has been said!!!
i beg to differ that. stay at home and drink its cheaper, there is a keg and fridge, and no bouncers to stop you getting in cause your not wearing the right colour shirt or clothes or your shoes arent shinny enough. f@#k wits
Old 05-28-2004, 19:10   #4 (permalink)

ohh yea i mean i am agreeing with you.. I hate going out in brisbane its completely fu(t..

94 ED Futura
PROUD TQE OPERATOR
Old 05-28-2004, 19:16   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie
i beg to differ that. stay at home and drink its cheaper, there is a keg and fridge, and no bouncers to stop you getting in cause your not wearing the right colour shirt or clothes or your shoes arent shinny enough. f@#k wits
no woman tho!

I've experienced Melbourne, Sydney and Brissy and the Coast nightlife.

Sydney sucks bigtime, i found clubs were hard to find, and if you did there would be a massive line. A lot of the clubs didnt have the cigarette odour problem, but suffer from bad BO probs instead!

Brissy is very laid back everyone is just there to have a good time, but everything closes too early!

Coast is pretty good, not enough energy in the crowd :) Everyone seems dead!

Melbourne wins hands down! So many clubs to choose from, but fidning the right one is the difficult part.
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 19:28   #6 (permalink)
E-series mutantette

lol funny, havent been to any clubs in brissy yet, usually when i go to brissy i go to parties with my mates cause they are all arnt 18 yet, and now i dont think i want to go out LOL
Sub on the way!
Future mods: Speed Holes!
Pursuit_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 19:31   #7 (permalink)

from what i remember, theres a lot more bars than clubs up there. But everything started to close at 1 i think? By 2 oclock the city was dead!

I think becuase brissy people go out earlier and finish up earlier.
Old 05-28-2004, 19:31   #8 (permalink)

but if you already have a woman its not a problem :)

the gold coast was prolly the best night i have ever had out, and i suppose that i always compare brisbane to that night, and it never comes close to it.

94 ED Futura
PROUD TQE OPERATOR
Old 05-28-2004, 19:33   #9 (permalink)

i have a lady but like going out just for the social side of it.

A lot of people dont like clubbing as its not their scene, fair enough. But the group of people i go out with are party animals.
Old 05-28-2004, 19:34   #10 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I havnt been to many clubs in Sydney, but the ones I have weren't very good. I reckon Melbourne is better. When I plan my next trip to queensland some nice FF brissy locals can show me the rounds. As long as there is VB and I don't have to drink the XXXX crap I'll be happy.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub