Britney motors back to the silver screen - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2002, 18:42   #1 (permalink)

Britney motors back to the silver screen

From drive.com.au

Singer-actress Britney Spears is set to star in a movie about the American motor racing world.
The star and her production company, Britney Spears Productions, have closed a deal with US racing series NASCAR to develop and produce the film, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Spears would star as the daughter of a successful, modern-day NASCAR team owner who uses her knowledge and experience in the family business to inspire a former driver to return to the sport.

NASCAR signed the deal after Spears and her manager Larry Rudolph agreed that the movie's storyline would stay true to the sport and its participants.

That means any scenes in the film that are meant to portray a NASCAR race or driver will be plucked from real-life footage.

The signing comes after eight months of negotiations, and shooting on the film is expected to get under way next year.

Producer Ann Carli, who also produced Spears' debut movie Crossroads, told the trade newspaper: "Because we are making the film set in this world, where there are so many fans, I want them to have a satisfying experience.

"And to do that, we have to completely capture the authenticity of it. Our goal is to create a film that honestly portrays the spirit of NASCAR.

"It is not just about winning – it's about family, perseverance and the belief that any dream is possible."

Spears is currently on her Dream Within a Dream Tour. The 20-year-old will next be seen on screen in the new Austin Powers film Goldmember, opposite Mike Myers.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2002, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Re: Britney motors back to the silver screen

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
I want them to have a satisfying experience.
Uh... Nah, I won't say it. Don't want to get my post moderated now do I???
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub