Buried Treasure - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2001, 11:39   #1 (permalink)
xtonkax

Question Buried Treasure

This is for anyone who has purchased a used vehicle. Having found a magic marker in my rear tail light, I was wondering:

What is the craziest thing you've found in your vehicle, and where was it? :oo1:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2001, 11:46   #2 (permalink)

Hehehe...funny you mention this....I like to think of my car as a never-ending archaeological dig. My brother in law is the orig. owner, me being the second. He left all sorts of things in the car when I bought it a year and a half ago. Since then, Ive found a Ford Audio tape that came with the car (burried under the driver seat), a dash shield, various coins spread thruought the car, weird pieces of foam under the trunk cover, pens in various places, weird gizmos in the glove box and so on.
What I love most, is when I find pieces of rope or something thats been severed, and is still dangling. Nice to be able to use my imagination to think of what its purpose once was.
Old 11-25-2001, 14:58   #3 (permalink)

Only found small change in my cars that were second hand.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 15:27   #4 (permalink)
Classic Mustang Member

Good topic!

Now I know what I'm about to write will seem a little strange in the "what I found dept." than finding a pen or money. About four months after I bought my now present Mustang, I was replacing the carpet with new carpet. Nothing was unsual about the old carpet. It was worn here and there and needed to be replaced to stay competitive in the car shows. When I lifted the passenger side up I found two holes in the floor board. Hmmm, there were no holes in the carpet, but there were two 3/8" diameter holes in the metal. Upon closer inspection I noticed the holes were curved in (not cut or drilled). They were high enough and sightly to the right not to be noticed when I was under the car. So, I decided to check out the other side. The metal was pushed out and jagged, like bullet holes from a 45 cal.(plus or minus). Freaked me out!

Now I can qualify this by the fact that I have been around guns since I was five years old. I've done enough "target practice" in the nearby desert to know bullet holes. Especially bullet holes in various metal targets and these were bullet holes.

"When guns are outlawed - only Mustangs will have guns!"

68 Mustang Coupe...My Show Car. ............................
ZoNiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 15:27   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Lotsa pens and such. Rust usualy..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 15:36   #6 (permalink)

I have found spare screws and the like in guards of new cars if that counts
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 17:21   #7 (permalink)
xtonkax

In a NEW CAR??? I don't think I like that idea. I'm a firm believer that a new vehicle shouldn't come with extra parts! Makes me tend to believe they've fallen out from somewhere.... :crazy2:
Old 11-25-2001, 17:30   #8 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

My finds have usually just been coins and junk, like old peanuts, down the back of the seat. The best I've managed is a screwdriver left by a workshop, which I kept because their work was lousy.

Here's one thing you can't find. I heard years ago about a problem with some make of car, I think in the UK during its disaster manufacturing period in the'70's, being returned in fair numbers for a noise/rattling problem nobody could diagnose. Turned out some disgruntled production line worker who welded a cavity closed used to drop a nut or bolt in first!
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 18:30   #9 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

A repair bill for the wreck it wasn't supposed to have been in.

That was nont a nicew surprise....but at least it's nice to know these kind of things...
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 19:09   #10 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Trey
A repair bill for the wreck it wasn't supposed to have been in.

Brilliant! This is hard to beat.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub