On Sunday morning Business Sunday carried a story on the resurgence of Ford in Oz. There was a lot of time spent interviewing Geoff Polites and some interesting things came up:
- the market share is only mid 13% because despite Ford building (and selling) every car they can make the rest of the market has also taken off dramatically
- no one knows why Australia has launched into record car buying numbers (it's callede EQUITY mmaaatttee!!!!!)
- Ford Oz returned only around $20m on over $500million investment which was poor (however they did not discuss projected earnings for this year)
- they showed video of Territory production
- they showed trim and colour boards in GP's office for the upcoming changes (I guess) which included some wild green and yellow shades
As usual GP was modest and underwhelming really. The average guy who happens to be at the top job.
maybe GP can comment? (mostly because we should know about these shows before they air on TV. I know I would have been real upset if I missed it) :s6: