Bye Bye Falcon S- Hello XR6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2003, 21:49   #1 (permalink)

biggrin Bye Bye Falcon S- Hello XR6

I couldn't wait any longer, i did it. Traded in my AUII Falcon S 5 speed for a shiny new BA XR6. Manual, 18x8 alloys, tint, in Metallic Silver colour. Peter Warren Had it in stock so i beat the Feb price rise and pick it up this Tuesday. The only drawback is i didn't get to order LSD, but figured the $800 price rise would make it an expensive LSD.

Anyone know if it can be fitted as an extra after delivery of the car????

I'll post some pics when i get it next week.
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2003, 21:56   #2 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

Sounds awesome, the 18's will really do it!! Congratulations mate, you sound like you're gonna enjoy the manual, hehe!!

I get these new colours mixed up though, Mercury Silver is the old Grey right? The new falcon website doesn't show the colours very well, and in real life, the ice mint silver is deceiving, I keep on thinking it's green. I want the original Silver back
Old 01-21-2003, 22:55   #3 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

I'm sure you can fit an LSD aftermarket (it's just a diff, after all!), but I don't know who you'd need to go to.

XR_Strider_Guy was recommending me to some mob in Merrylands - Craft diffs or something similar - you'd need to get more replies to get a reliable answer, or maybe Herrods do stuff like that too.

Congratulations on the car though - you'll love it! They are like no Falcon I've ever driven before, and coming from an AU, you'll be one of the guys who most feels he got his money's worth with all the improvements over the AU.

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 22:59   #4 (permalink)

dk_falcons, cool purchase...pics please. You might have to change your username now :)

LSD is a factory fit option (found this on the website). If you want LSD then listen to JR :)
Old 01-22-2003, 00:58   #5 (permalink)

Piccies :)
Old 01-22-2003, 01:02   #6 (permalink)

Did they do you a good deal on the S?
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 13:45   #7 (permalink)

Thumbs up

thanks guys, yeah can't wait until i get it. Unfotunately won't get it until tuesday. Would have loved it for the long weekend.

I'll post some piccies as soon as i get it..... Wait maybe i'll post on wednesday - i think i may not be able to get out of it on Tuesday. hahahahah.

BigBadAU i got 20k for the AUII S with my sound system removed and the stock system in it- yeah i can't believe it. THe XR was driven away with the 18's, tint etc for just on 40k. gotta love that. I knew i was onto a winner, as soon as i drove in i noticed a few of the salesmen take notice and have a look. few comments on "nice car" - so i guess the price refelected that.

the actual name for the colour is Mercury Silver.

Just gotta make it through the weekend the waiting is gonna kill me- gonna lock my car in the garage and not take it out until i head over to the dealer.
Old 01-22-2003, 14:04   #8 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Excellent stuff dk_falconS,

Sounds like a sweet sweet deal you got there for $40k with 18's and the colour is classy too just like the one in the add. Yes LSD can be retro fitted as what JR mentioned i will be looking into this very seriously myself.

Damn all these people on fordforums.com buying Barra XR's is really making me wanting to get one almost can't avoid the sweeping trend.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 14:10   #9 (permalink)

Hmmm yep me thinks that the XR6 NA is going to be Fords top seller!!!!!!

Anyways Good luck with the car mate, i hope you have heaps of fun in it when you get it.

BTW did you get the $2002 cash back or is it a 2003 plate?
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 14:14   #10 (permalink)

its a 2002 plate - december i think - but as the tv add says, available on selected models only - XR6 is the biggest seller people are fighting over them they don't need to offer incentives. It would however have been nice to have an extra $2002 in my pocket.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub