BYE for now - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2001, 15:09   #1 (permalink)

BYE for now

My virus has done more damage then first thought. Need new computer so it is good bye for the time being. I miss two days and look what happens! Tickford sold and the MD joins the forum.

Bye all
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2001, 15:11   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

eek

Come back soon fella!!.. Good luck getting the new pc.. :thumbup:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 15:13   #3 (permalink)
gone

WHAT

Where the hell do you think you are going????????

We just carnt have this.!!!

Right, everyone on the forum to donate $$$$ so we can get our Tasi friend back online asap.

Donantions should be made to the following Commonwealth bank Account...063-000 10011001.. Oh, thats mine,, sorry!

How long are you off for Ian?
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 15:20   #4 (permalink)

Could be some time. !
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 15:38   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

You sure that you have to replace the whole thing?

A new HDD might be able to do the trick.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 17:23   #6 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

sorry to hear mate, get it back up soon..but like DK said, you may not actually need a new PC.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 18:21   #7 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

WTF???

Ok tell what virus you have gotten that is going to cause you to replace your computer.

Trust me that there is NOT a virus that would cause you to have to replace your computer. Now I can tell you this first hand since I used to write and cure Virii. There is not any Code that would cause you to have to replace your computer. Now restaging your Harddrive I can see. If ou have a compaq then I can understand that you would think you have to replace your computer.

Compaq used to store the BIOS of the machine on the HDD of the computer. If the HDD gets fragged or even the small partition on that the BIOS is on then your computer would be down.

Now, What I can say is that there is ONE and only ONE virus that can cause a HDD to physically fail. I have a copy of this and trust me you would know that you were hit with it. It over writes your BIOS to play a nice little tune with your HDD heads.

There is "excuse me as I correct myself" one way to cause your computer to look like it was toasted beyond recognition. If you have a BIOS that can be flashed by software. This would have only been done by you. Now it is something that you can correct in most cases depending on the BIOS that you have.

If you have any questions or need any help then email me. I can help you out in any way. I think that I can save you the money that you would spend on a computer to better spend on MODS for your car.

Trust me.

LunaticSS
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 18:28   #8 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Quote:
Originally posted by LunaticSS
Trust me.
LunaticSS
Trust someone who admits to writing viruses... :WH: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Come on, what do you take us for :?: :wink2: :D

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 19:00   #9 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

I have not done this in a long time. My main focus of destruction now is routers and firewalls.

Trust me Virii is old news. All you have are script Kiddies out there that can not do anything original. back in the day when you hacked, phreaked, carded, toned anything you did it yourself. You did not have the scripts that do itfor you. You went out and found the exploits.

Trust me those Virii days are behind me now. I used to be paid to hack networks and then go back in and secure them. It paid well. How do you think I afforded this server with out advertisers. hahaha

Seriously. the offer stands on the table. maybe I can convince the better half to get me some tickets to fly on down to the land down under and pay you guys a visit. Ohhh dear lord...You guys would have a hay day with me.

HAHHAHA

LunaticSS
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 19:28   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by LunaticSS
I have not done this in a long time. My main focus of destruction now is routers and firewalls.

Trust me Virii is old news. All you have are script Kiddies out there that can not do anything original. back in the day when you hacked, phreaked, carded, toned anything you did it yourself. You did not have the scripts that do itfor you. You went out and found the exploits.

Trust me those Virii days are behind me now. I used to be paid to hack networks and then go back in and secure them. It paid well. How do you think I afforded this server with out advertisers. hahaha
LunaticSS
He's right there is no effort needed to send viruses, all you have to do is find an exapmple of the hard work done by people like Lunatic here and run a script, too easy!
I hold you responsible for these malicious script kiddies Lunatic :p

A reformat would probably even fix your problem HSE2 and yes I know how you feel about doing that but it saves ya a helluva lotta cash in the meantime.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub