Call 1-800-Heck-NOO! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2001, 20:00   #1 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

Call 1-800-Heck-NOO!

As if TV programming wasn't bad enough, we have to suffer through commercials as well. Some commercials are funny...sometimes even more so than the show we're watching, and some are just stupid, also like most of the shows we tend to watch. But what aboot those commercials that are just so frickin annoying that they make you want to find the creators/particapants and slap them aboot the head and neck?
It's the "1-800-call whatever it is now" commercials that do this for me. The utter absurdity of these commercials is an insult to anyone who can manage to walk upright or feed themselves. Jsut watching these darn things kills brain cells. My immense hatred of these commercials...just makes me.....GRRRRRRR....

Seriously, I don't think I'd ever call a friend collect. No, if I were to call someone collect, I wouldn't care how much it costs them. They were dumb enough to accept the charges anyway, let 'em pay! So, rest assured that I for one will not use one of these "services" as I do not want to contribute to the great amount of stupidity that they already spew. Thank You.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2001, 06:40   #2 (permalink)

I like the one's with Mellisa Malano in them. Of course I think the commerical's are stupid as well.:s2:

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 18:04   #3 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Somewhere in the second half of the eighties, I read about somebody in the US who must have had a problem with a company that had a toll free number and some sort of automated answering system. He, or maybe she, rented a room and put in a computer with autodial and it just kept ringing up their answering machine 24/7 and clocking up the company's phone bills, which wasn't realised until about a month or two later when the bill came in. The room and computer were found, but not the perptrator. Cost huge dollars in phone bills, to the extent it threatened the company's survival. Isn't revenge sweet?
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub