A call to all to not pull over for undercover police cars!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2004, 04:53   #1 (permalink)
100% Speeding (when safe)

Tongue A call to all to not pull over for undercover police cars!!

What do you think about this?

Now i think having undercover traffic police cars is a bit of a dodgy revenue exersize in it self. A marked cop car will make people behave, one you cant see wont.

What I am suggesting may seem a bit crazy, but there is a law that says "if you feel you are saving yourself from harm you CAN break the law"

Now, there has been cases where women especially have been abducted by supposedly undercover police cars that have pulled them over for :"speeding" or some kind of random check.(there have been such cases!) Obviously these cars were not police cars but people pretending to be (even dressed as them with badges!), with police red and blue lights on their cars.

So what I am saying is that if a undercover XR8 or SS or Magna or Camry or Daewoo Lanos or old VL, whatever it is puts on its lights to pull you over, i suggest you continue on your journey until a marked police car joins the pursuit. Then you stop. You do not know who they are, and so are "saving yourself from possible harm". Taking it futher, in the dark on country roads, i suggest not pulling over for any police, even marked cars untill you get to the nearest town. Then therefore you are safer and not at the merci of whoever it is, police or not.

This will then, if everybody did as such, force an end to undercover traffic police cars.

What do you think?!!

I personally would love to try it, just to laugh at them for 50km to the nearest town!! or until a marked car joined in :-D!!

You just have to genuinely have the thinking that something "could" happen!
Imagine the media coverage you'd get! What a laugh! And when everybody joins in these actions, the end of undercover traffic police will be near!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2004, 04:56   #2 (permalink)
Yes, fords still kick

Re: A call to all to not pull over for undercover police cars!!

Sounds interesting, but would it stand up in court? I wouldn't really want extra fines and stuff for evading police. If it could be guaranteed that I wouldn't pay more in a fine I may consider it, but I think it would be a good way to get the 'whole' treatment from the police when you were finally pulled over.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:57   #3 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

It kind of makes sense, but then they may think you are trying to run form them and lay even more charges against you, so it may end up worse off for you.
O.F.R #6 : PM Me
Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Member #4 of the MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 05:36   #4 (permalink)
Drives like a Grandad

Sensational idea. Don't pull over for the boys in blue when they are trying to intercept you. Has merit.

"Wait." "What's that up ahead?

"What the ...k!"

"STINGERS!"

"Why are all my tyres flat and my mag wheel rims all buckled?"

"Handcuffs?" "But officer..."

"Who is going to pay for all the damage to my car?"

"Impounding it?" "But... But..."

Nah. On second thoughts I might just pull over.

Never hold a Dustbuster and a cat at the same time.

Last edited by greg6099; 01-27-2004 at 05:38.
greg6099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:27   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Manual
Now i think having undercover traffic police cars is a bit of a dodgy revenue exersize in it self. A marked cop car will make people behave, one you cant see wont.

You cant be serious

A marked car will make people behave, but an unmarked car will catch all the dickheads who misbehave when they believe that there are no cops around.
I'm no fan of the revenue gathering that takes place on the roads, but to have no unmarked cars is ludicrous.

And I wouldn't advise, refusing to pull over for an unmarked car either, if your concerned on the legitimacy of a police vehicle, keep your doors locked, windows up & call the emergency number & confirm that it is a police vehicle (and have a steering wheel lock within reach incase its not the cops)

Last edited by Fireman Sam; 01-27-2004 at 12:52.
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:43   #6 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman Sam
And I wouldn't advise, refusing to pull over for an unmarked car either, if your concerned on the legitimacy of a police vehicle, keep your doors locked, windows up & call the emergency number & confirm that it is a police vehicle (and have a steering wheel lock within reach incase its not the cops)

If a cop is off duty, they can still pull you over. Has happened round here, and they do the paperwork later on. I'd do what Fireman Sam suggests...
Old 01-27-2004, 13:51   #7 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

funny you mention it because ive done it before!

leaving Parramatta leagues club late one night, i was driving (at the speed limit) through the back of Parramatta, when a magna pulled behind me and started flashing its high beams, with a little red led on the windscreen. Being in a dodgy place at the time, by myself, and in a new xr6 i decided not to stop and kept driving (at the limit) ignoring the magna behind. anyway after approx. 5 minutes a marked car overtook the magna and i pulled over. They simply asked me why i didnt stop, i explained that i wasnt stopping in some dodgy backstreet for a magna. Anyway the uniformed guys agreed with me (it was about 3am in the morning) but told me in future if i had concrens, i should drive to the nearest police station. They gave me a breath test and let me go on my way.
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 14:26   #8 (permalink)

Given that being "in fear of my life" can be used in court when explaining why you used martial arts skills to beat the crap out of a low life, you could possibly extend this argument to unidentified persons and vehicles.

Not sure if I would recommend it unless you had exactly the right circumstances and were doing no wrong.

I do agree that normal road patrols should not generally be performed by undercover cars, leave them for serious crime efforts and park marked cars everywhere else.
Even cardboard cut-outs like the QLD cops used a few years ago.
supermono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 14:43   #9 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

You currently have the right to NOT pull over for an unmarked car. However, you should meet some minimum requirements if you do so. The foremost is that if you choose not to you should call 000 or 112 and advise the emergency services operator of the situation. Then clearly explain that you intend to pull over where you feel you are safe. You should also ask for confirmation that the following vehicle is indeed a Police vehicle.

When I was in the States in December a local news article ran this scenario after a woman did exactly the above, and the 911 operator advised it was NOT a Police car. When she pulled over the real Police nabbed the guy.

From memory, a similar thing happened last year here in Australia????

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 15:58   #10 (permalink)
i pity tha fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman Sam
You cant be serious

A marked car will make people behave, but an unmarked car will catch all the dickheads who misbehave when they believe that there are no cops around.
while i wouldnt call myself a dickhead, the above is true.

jamie+wetroads+v8+lsd+big serve of right foot+oppylock = woopwoop+blue flashinglight+vycommodore+care lessdriving fine.

luckily in WA here the only unmarked cop cars are brand spankers commodores really. i wouldnt pull over for much else.

Previous ride: EBII V8 Manual Ghia spring roll.
Current ride: 1970 ZC 351 Fairlane Custom.. (estimated 350ftlb @ 2000rpm.. max torque 420ftlb at 4500rpm.. with standard exhaust manifold!)
jmartion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub