Call to Political Action on Revenue Versus Safety - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2002, 19:16   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Thumbs up Call to Political Action on Revenue Versus Safety

It's finally happened. AP has the ear of a member of NSW Parliament. I have an agreement that will allow me to present facts on the current lies being fed to the people of our state.

Now normally I would say we need to limit input from NSW residents. However, the NSW Govt has been more than happy to use data from VIC and wherever to support their stance on speed cameras and their attendant laws. So, let's open it up to all.

If you want to put forward a submission I ask that it is submitted in a letter format. Use the usual letter format, however summarize your points in the first section, followed by the body, and a conclusion at the end. Remember that for most readers the summary will be read and then a decision made as to whether the rest is required.

Please submit in MS Word format for PC (or as a text file) and send via email to:

aussie.pete@fordforums.com

Please ensure that a signature is on the letter (in electronic format it will have to be a low res scan image to keep file sizes down). In lieu of signatures ensure all your details are complete and correct.

On receiving these I will compile and list the submissions for the introduction to the Member of Parliament.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!
Only submissions which have facts on the issue of speeding, raod safety, and use of current enforcement techniques will be accepted. All submissions must reference sources of data that are able to be cross checked to validate the data. If you are using journals or other hard copy sources it would be handy to scan the source and attach it as an appendix. Similarly, if you have examples of stats and 'facts' supplied by RTA or Govt that can be discredited using statistical theory and practice use your letter to explain why the information is flawed.

This is our chance to start a trend and make them listen. Let's not waste a golden opportunity!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2002, 21:10   #2 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

^bump^

Moderators, can we keep this at the top?

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 00:02   #3 (permalink)
gone

Hey AP

I can put two words together, how about drafting something out for us to sign!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 14:10   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
Hey AP

I can put two words together, how about drafting something out for us to sign!
Gaz, Politicians are not normally known for acknowledging 'petitions' because it is seen as an easy way to get a list of signatures versus a list of views. The idea of a 'petition' or form letter at this stage would erode what we are trying to do - provide factual information and critique of what is being put forward by so called road safety experts.

'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

Old 12-13-2002, 04:56   #5 (permalink)

AP,
I know that Motor has quite a keen interest in this. They may be a good source of info/support for your crusade.

Good luck
cs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 15:14   #6 (permalink)
GT(-P?) in the plans

If you have the stomach for it, I suggest you have a look at the aus.cars newsgroup. In amongst the usual newsgroup bs, there has been a lot of references to studies (both the ones that the RTA use, and the ones which dispute those findings) and what not mentioned.
lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 21:05   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by lucas
If you have the stomach for it, I suggest you have a look at the aus.cars newsgroup. In amongst the usual newsgroup bs, there has been a lot of references to studies (both the ones that the RTA use, and the ones which dispute those findings) and what not mentioned.
can you point me towards the site please?

Old 12-19-2002, 01:44   #8 (permalink)

The news group is aus.cars
If you don't want to bother setting up a new server account in outlook just go to google and look at the newgroups for aus.cars.
cs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 01:43   #9 (permalink)
Newest Member

will spread the word over the Performance Forums. I know that there will be guys on there that might be able to contribute something good.
Tommy Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 22:09   #10 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

just a little something i heard on the radio today, VIC has the highest road toll to date of 15 people dead (they didnt say since when) they also have the most draconian speeding rules (3km/h over etc) and the NT has 0 dead but much of the NT has no limits?

i know the population and concentration of people is much different, but 0 deaths compared to 15, doesnt matter how many people you have 15 is 15 and 0 is 0.

you could then argue that if so many crashes/deaths are caused by speed, as statistics claim, then why doesnt the NT have a road toll, let alone a large one? then go on to say that if the above statement (speed kills) is not true then why is so much attention paid to getting people to slow down, when it is not the cause of crashes?

i cant write a proper letter, i tend to get far to sarcastic and insulting, i just thought somebody might like to use the info or the idea in their (more reasoned) argument...

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub