CAM & Insurance - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2004, 07:09   #1 (permalink)

CAM & Insurance

Hey guys i was looking at putting a bigger cam in my car and i was just wondering if you guys told your insurance companies about it. Coz if i tell the insurance obviously my premium is goin to go up. But if its not visable; ie if i had an accident or the car was stolen and recoved and an assesor was to look at it could they tell i had one? and reneg on the payout? So there for should i tell them or not....?

Thanx Jason
Lowered: KingSprings 30mm All round
EL GT Rims
Stereo: 2x Alpine Type R Subs, MRD-M605 Alpine Amp, 4x150w VDO Amp, Alpine 5.25 Type R Splits, Alpine 6.5 Type R 2ways, Alpine CDA 7894RB Headunit
XRLENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2004, 17:21   #2 (permalink)
Now boostless :-(

Re: CAM & Insurance

If i were you i wouldn't tell them.
NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 17:25   #3 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

They probably will never know about it but then they obviously would just give you a standard engine again if need be and you'd have to supply another cam yourself.

Venom BA XR8 - 5spd - Leather - Premium Sound - 18"s - King Springs-SSL/SL - DBA Slotted Rotors & Ferodo pads
D.N.A.
FPV XR Owners Club ACT
Charvel/Jackson Guitars
Genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 18:02   #4 (permalink)

if the car is banged up bad enough, they wont be able to check anyway, thats mine and Rollins theory anyway!!!

94 ED Futura
PROUD TQE OPERATOR
13.822 @ 99.67MPH - Willowbank 05/08/2006
OED666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 22:20   #5 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

i wouldnt say anything and if it really comes to it and they find it then just say that that is how you bought the car and not being a mechanic then how were you sposed to know? just play dumb and carry on like you thought that all cars were like that. theyll never know anyway.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:37   #6 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Do they know about your other mods? If they don't, you might find you only think you have insurance...
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:19   #7 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

How much is the difference in price ?

Honestly, there is every chance that they *won't* notice, but still a chance that they *would* after a crash. You really need to weigh the risks up - is it worth paying out insurance money when they could wellnot pay back ? I would also suspect that its likely to be the time you ned them the most (i.e. bounced off the lambo, into the ferrari, then smacked the roller), that they will be the most attentive to details.

I'm currently trying to work out insurance, its just gone up from $1400 to $2k for me. Trying to decide whether to cough up, risk 3rd party property only, or sell the car and buy something else (*shock horror* 200sx is looking appealing). Of course the insurance on the cars I'm looking at aren't any better than the $2k I'm paying now
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 07:34   #8 (permalink)

Yeah my insurance company know about all the other mods so far including, rims, suspension, stereo, exhaust, alarm, spoiler, and tint and they seem to be ok with that atm. But ive added all this other stuff to the policy after i had joined and paided up. so im waiting for the price on my renewal. im currently at $780, see wat i get next. I havent rang for a quote yet; i just thougt they might be pretty heafty with engine mods and alot of places dissaprove of them; seems as though their pretty hard to see; i thought wat they didnt see couldnt hurt them.
Lowered: KingSprings 30mm All round
EL GT Rims
Stereo: 2x Alpine Type R Subs, MRD-M605 Alpine Amp, 4x150w VDO Amp, Alpine 5.25 Type R Splits, Alpine 6.5 Type R 2ways, Alpine CDA 7894RB Headunit
XRLENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub