Cant play favourite sport!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2004, 14:02   #1 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Cant play favourite sport!!!

As the topic says I cantplay my favourite sport...and I am getting a little frustrated.The reason is form pain from soft tissue damage ,whiplash,and some yet uninvestigated injuries from my car accident..I suppose in a way thats why I picked up tis intersting forum with so many interesting characters..god bless yas ...
My sport was kung fu...I took my little girl there to train last night and everyone is asking when will I train with them again and I just dont know when my body will be ready...Iwatch them training and I relive the movements in my mind and I can feel the electicity in my body..but if I get up and try it at home ...OUCH!!!!My pelvis /hips lock up and shoulder starts killing..and that is with light movement...Iam still working but just with the extreme never say die motivation...and because I am so well known here I am doing well....Work load is amazing and I pick and choose my customers...but dont push myself too hard or ill get sick again ..

I hate feeling sorry for myself but I really loved that kung fu ....it was awesome and very scientific...
I dont know why im posting this.....alot of times I just feel a bit alone in my endevours but have always had that the attitude of being like a ninja...doing what i have to do without second thought for my family andto get back up when I get knocked to the ground....

I am sorry if this thread seems out of the norm ..I am definatley out of the norm....but my intentions are always good..I somehow feel that their are people out who are great people and I ave plucked up strength just to get this out..
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2004, 14:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: Cant play favourite sport!!!

i was into wing chung and kick boxing, i was cleaned up in a car crash 10 yrs ago, i cant do anything like i use to, i tried a slow movement sport but could not continue this. now i look back how and wish i could have done more sport, sexacise and dodging the tax man is the only sports i play now. I also has acupunture and physico for 8 mths to stop spasms in my neck back and arms, my 2 fingers on my right arm still feel like their frozon today.
Old 09-09-2004, 16:35   #3 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Sorry to hear dude, and I hope you get better real soon.

Personally, I am allergic to sport (or any physical activity for that matter ) but not being able to do what you really like doing sucks.

All the best!
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 18:24   #4 (permalink)
Dev 5 Mutant

Personally, I am allergic to sport (or any physical activity for that matter ) but not being able to do what you really like doing sucks.

Here here.

Gym's the only exercise I get...when I manage to get there on time that is.

Useless is it worth it to do something maybe like yoga or tai chi. Similar kind of stuff but a bit slower and maybe easier on the limbs ?
Cam install by Crescent Motorsport, Liverpool

Dyno

Timeslip
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 01:25   #5 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge
i was into wing chung and kick boxing, i was cleaned up in a car crash 10 yrs ago, i cant do anything like i use to, i tried a slow movement sport but could not continue this. now i look back how and wish i could have done more sport, sexacise and dodging the tax man is the only sports i play now. I also has acupunture and physico for 8 mths to stop spasms in my neck back and arms, my 2 fingers on my right arm still feel like their frozon today.
Iwas doing wing chun as well here in Sydney.i try to do the silium tao form and my left shoulder hurts but i still try...
Old 09-10-2004, 01:31   #6 (permalink)
Packed up and gone.....

Useless, Do you use a smaller font or something?
I find all of your posts Extremely hard to read, i donno if its that you dont put enough paragraph spaces in your posts or I need glasses, But i find your posts so hard to read its not funny!!!

Good luck with the kung fu, Youll get better mate, take care\

You know who I am...
-Dan
XR6child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 01:52   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

It sucks mate and i know what your talking about. I was a pretty fit bloke when i joined the army. I played footy and basketball, and did alot of other recreational activities. Unfortunately i developed a problem called compartments syndrome, which is a muscular problem in the lower legs. Now i cant run at all or play any kind of sports. Ive put on 16 kilos since i was diagnosed just due to the fact that i can do any cardio work because my legs give way before i can get my heart rate up enough for a work out. Its depressing and even more so because i know that my condition will never imporve.
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:02   #8 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

useless

I can understand completely. I used to ride horses from the age of about 7 or 8. I adore riding but after a few too many falls, being a hairdresser on my feet all day for 20yrs and getting older, my back just wont do it anymore.

I found getting involved teaching kids to ride was the next best thing. Imparting all the things I had learned over the years and seeing little ones actually doing them was an amazing feeling.

Maybe you could instruct the kids to get the satsifaction I know your craving. Its not the same but gives you the best feeling when the kids you teach start getting prizes at competitions :D

:fairy

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:14   #9 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Nature
useless

I can understand completely. I used to ride horses from the age of about 7 or 8. I adore riding but after a few too many falls, being a hairdresser on my feet all day for 20yrs and getting older, my back just wont do it anymore.

I found getting involved teaching kids to ride was the next best thing. Imparting all the things I had learned over the years and seeing little ones actually doing them was an amazing feeling.

Maybe you could instruct the kids to get the satsifaction I know your craving. Its not the same but gives you the best feeling when the kids you teach start getting prizes at competitions :D:fairy
Id like to but wing chun is very different martial art.You must teach people to use their bodies to generate massive power in a short distance.To do these moves would mean that i would have to feel their direction of force against me and that can send me into dizzy spells for hours...For example..Bruce Lees 1 inch punch is actually wing chun punch..if I were to do that my impact sets off the pain..
Old 09-10-2004, 02:19   #10 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

even with kids ??????

Wowwww they must be strong little buggers

:fairy

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub