Car covers or canopy? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2004, 19:03   #1 (permalink)
in theory,its theoretical

Car covers or canopy?

Just bought a EL Fairmont Ghia with very nice paint but my car sits at home for 5-7 days not driven. I dont have access to a garage and its a rented house so nothing permanent can go in. I was looking at slide over car covers which are around $100-150 and the car has to be clean every time u put it on or u risk scratching it. I also had a quick look at the actual pergola looking ones, u no, the ones u fold out and nail to the ground. now i know i've heard of ones that rip up in high winds and scratch the shit out of cars but i figure you could cement it in or place it flush up against the shed. the ones at supercheap however looked like they are just big enough to house a mini plus they dont have sides so hail that comes on an angle will just come in the sides. does any one know of any alternatives??? Thanks
josh.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2004, 19:16   #2 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

Re: Car covers or canopy?

Depending on the size of the shed, you might be able to consider a "sail" arrangement or two.

While the canopy / pergola might not offer total protection, it would be my preferred solution. I've had car covers before, and I struggle to maintain motivtion to actually cover the damn thing when your finished or want to go somewhere. And the dirt dilemma is definitely an added problem.
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 01:10   #3 (permalink)

And after the recent hail damage something more protective might be the go.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 01:27   #4 (permalink)

I had one of those supercheap canopy things. It was nailed and tied down but a decent gust of wind came along and lifted one side of it. The poles came loose and dented and scratched the F*** out of the car in two places. If you use one make sure you screw all loose poles together and anchor the mother really well.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:49   #5 (permalink)

off subject but this reminds be of a house i saw it had a garage door out the front....... but there was no garage just the garage door, you open it and it goes on to there driveway! LOL!
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 01:56   #6 (permalink)
Fully Sick Magna Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
off subject but this reminds be of a house i saw it had a garage door out the front....... but there was no garage just the garage door, you open it and it goes on to there driveway! LOL!
LOL WTF? Sounds like the house around the corner... got a gate but no front fence!
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 02:10   #7 (permalink)

the ones at supercheap fit a ea wagon under em also they are selling for the 100 buck mark, 3mX6 or 9m cant remember but it fits his car with space all round,only thing make sure it firmly in ground..

i'd go car port style gazebo the 100 bucks assures your car is under shelter,my mate has put tarps as sides on his to stop rain etc..(hail damage)

car covers dont pretect very much..
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub