Car survey . - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 09:04   #1 (permalink)
Moderators

Car survey .

Amazing to see the Japanese claimed the top ten places .

The 10 most reliable cars according to Warranty Direct:
1.Honda Accord - A classy package, well put together and feels more special than the average family car. Superb engines and value for money.
2.Subaru Forester - Not quite an off roader, much more than an estate with a sporty edge, making it the perfect combination. Great all round buy.
3.Mazda MX-5 - Blueprint for the modern roadster with sweet handling and engines to match. Extremely easy to live with.
4.Mitsubishi Carisma - Despite the name, not that interesting to look at or drive, but that's not the point. Here is a no-nonsense hatchback that won't let you down.
5.Toyota Yaris - Superminis don't come better. Bags of room and perky engines. Probably the best small car buy.
6.Honda Civic - Solid build quality and good engines are just part of the appeal, the Civic is one of the most spacious small cars around. Great value.
7.Nissan Almera - A dull package, but that's no reason to dismiss the Almera which is practical and perfect for the smaller family who need a big boot and utter reliability.
8.Honda CR-V - Proof that you don't need an XXXL 4x4. Here is a four-wheel drive estate that is flexible, easy to drive and own.
9.Toyota RAV4 - So few four-wheel drives are fun to drive. This car is suitably sporty, but very practical. Expensive used buy but worth it.
10.Nissan Micra - The driving school favourite. Tough, fairly roomy, but with its light controls is easy to steer around town.
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 18:35   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: Car survey .

They certainly make good cars but it seems there are numerous surveys around and depending on the info targeted and gathered it can make a big difference to rankings.
Old 06-30-2012, 18:43   #3 (permalink)
Subaru/Ford guy.

Garage

Too bad for the last 5 years the most serous recalls have been from Honda, and Toyota.

How-to directory.

Ford focus DTC codes.

Ford= First on race day.
djzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 18:58   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

A few years ago in consumer reports, they showed the new cars with the fewest problems were Chevy Caprices and the used cars with the fewest probelms were Ford LTDs. That went on for quite a few years. That showed that it depends on the bias of the reporters too.
Old 06-30-2012, 19:06   #5 (permalink)
Subaru/Ford guy.

Garage

Well don't get me wrong here now, I love some of the Japan cars.

I used to own a 98 Subaru legacy sedan, I sold it to my mother for $2200 at 220K, and it's just a great car to work on, change a axle, 45 min, change all brake pads, 20 min, easy car to work on. And very well engineered.

The calipers just swing on the top bolt, so changing the pads is just removing the lower bolt, and swing it up out the way.

And she is now at 305K, but I can see oil seeping everywhere around the valve covers.

How-to directory.

Ford focus DTC codes.

Ford= First on race day.
Old 06-30-2012, 19:43   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I had a 1980 F150 that I gave to a friend for helping me. It had 254,000 miles. He sold it to some people that live 28 mile from town when it had 265,000 miles. It's still running. It was real easy to service too.
Old 06-30-2012, 19:49   #7 (permalink)
Subaru/Ford guy.

Garage

Had a 91 Ford F-150 with a 5 speed and the great straight 6, after I traded it for a 87 Saab 9000 turbo, it went to a guy who sold it to another guy, who cracked the block with only 170K on it.

My Saab, two years later the R gear went, and it was $2300 for a used trans. So I got rid of it, which I regret every day.

That car had a lot of balls, 1st,2nd,3rd gear breaking the tire's loose and a screaming turbo.

Drool.

How-to directory.

Ford focus DTC codes.

Ford= First on race day.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:36   #8 (permalink)
Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Ford View Post
They certainly make good cars but it seems there are numerous surveys around and depending on the info targeted and gathered it can make a big difference to rankings.
Agree 100% . You can do anything with surveys and figures . Politicians do it all the time .
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub