Car & Truck Show Poll - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2001, 12:14   #1 (permalink)
Classic Mustang Member

Question Car & Truck Show Poll

For those who like to hang out at the car & (or) truck shows, just a few questions.

1.) On the average, in your area, about how many (approximately) cars or trucks do you see at any given run of the mill show?

2.) How much does it cost (average) in your area to show your car or truck?

3.) How often, during good weather for most of you, do you know there is a show in your area?

Now for the reason I'm asking these questions - My club and I held a charity car & truck show this last weekend. I'll admit that I'm a little depressed right now over the numbers. I know we went head to head with the World Series and NASCAR here in town last weekend. But not everyone is a baseball fan or a NASCAR fan. It is always seems to be the same at any show around here - pathetic puny little shows. Nothing, the way I understand it, as it is in other areas.

Just curious ......

68 Mustang Coupe...My Show Car. ............................
ZoNiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2001, 12:36   #2 (permalink)
Mod/Vintage Mustang Member

Depends, some smaller shows around here may only have 20 -50 cars. Where others will have upwards of several hundred. A lot of times it depends on the ages of the show. The longer the show has been around the better the turn out is.
Old 10-30-2001, 20:26   #3 (permalink)
Ranchero Member

Tucson doesn't have nearly as many shows as the Phoenix area, and most are small to moderate size (25-100 cars), depending on the time of year and the host club - some get more support than others. I don't keep track of the shows as much as I used to, but there are usually at least one to two shows a month, some being similar to the Pavillion - no entry fees or trophies - but not nearly as big.

Most of the fees around here are $10 to $15 for just an entry, dash plaque, and "goody bag."
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 17:58   #4 (permalink)
Scamper

Quote:
Originally posted by s-code
Depends, some smaller shows around here may only have 20 -50 cars. Where others will have upwards of several hundred. A lot of times it depends on the ages of the show. The longer the show has been around the better the turn out is.
Ditto. As for the costs. That usually goes hand in hand with age also. My car club first show, we charged $15 a car. Larger shows charge about $40-$50 a car. But price is not the factor, advertisement and Preregestration is. The more people get to pre-reg. the better. As a club, it's good to start small, and build up the shows every year. Don't try to do a big show right out of the box unless you have the money and the sponsors to do it. It's hard work, but it is possible.
Good luck in your future ventures
Old 11-01-2001, 06:42   #5 (permalink)
Classic Mustang Member

Quote:
The more people get to pre-reg. the better. As a club, it's good to start small, and build up the shows every year. Don't try to do a big show right out of the box unless you have the money and the sponsors to do it.

That's the kicker! This was our third annual car & truck show for a local domestic violence shelter. We've always held a "great show" and this has always been voiced by 99.9% of every participant. This was the biggest pre-reg year we ever had. Day of show registration will usually net us anywhere from three to four times the amount from pre-reg. Our total was annemic at best. We had 96, down by 12 from last year. For crying out loud, we had more sponsors (112) than participants. We worked harder that ever promoting this show. 3000+ flyers went out to various show cars & trucks. I don't know. It could have been the weather, the game, the races, the economy - I don't know. But, I do know this .... it's about time the Phoenix area saw a major car-truck-bike event ever to hit this state or maybe the Southwest. Hmmmm. What's everybody doing next October?

68 Mustang Coupe...My Show Car. ............................
ZoNiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 16:49   #6 (permalink)
Scamper

Wow!!!! Then the only thing I can recomend is PATIENCE!!! Your on the right track. There is also another way Do you belong to SCMTC or SNMTCC? If not I would recomend it. You get these guys involved your shows attendance should improve. To join go to this link http://www.scmtc.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub