Chalk one up to the good guys! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ā» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2003, 22:05   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

cool Chalk one up to the good guys!

About a year ago or so some of you's will will remember I was involved in a major accident (and if you dont heres the thread : CLCIK HERE )

Well today we went to court, and well we delt to the buggers!

The driver of the other car was found guilty of reckless driving, unsafe lane changing, failure to stop after an accident. He has had his license revoked for three months on top of twelve months because he also went over the limit of demerit points from privious convictions. He was fined for all of the above and now our insurance company will take him to court for what we were payed out as he was uninsured. The cops and the judge also advised us to personaly sue for damages.

The blonde in the Legacy was a small factor in the case as the driver of the other car spoke nothing but bullshit and she backed our story 100%. We were joint complainants with the cops and did not require a laywer as the cops were our laywers.

I was questioned by their lawyer for about 40 minutes which I'm sure he regreted - he was hounding me and I did'nt take to that to well as we were the innocent party, he tried to twist EVERYTHING I said into making my brother and I look bad so I snaped and started asking him questions while in the box, the Judge told me to tone it down but he knew I was right.
I shut the laywer up on all his claims, like the fact that if he braked infront of us where were the skid marks yada yada, and I asked if he knew what ABS was.... he then went on to say that I did'nt know anything as I'm too young to drive, so I asked him what the legal age was to drive, he said 17, I then went on to say that it's 15 and that I got my licence on the day after my 15th birthday and that maybe he should quit his day job and find something else, the courtroom gigled and the Judge gave me a real dodgy look. I'd already done two defensive driving courses.. He then went on to say that if the car was in understeer it would be easier to controll than if it was in oversteer - I then used the nearby white board to shut him up, then he said lets not get into the technacalities of things...

He saw me as a weak pojnt in the case and tried to pick on me, and I guess he deserved what he got. I will admit I was a bit of an a$$hole but that's just me . The lawyer even made a racial coment after the case and I figured that he saw me as the little indian dude that knew jack about cars hehe.

I'd just like for everyone to note that some cops are real great and it's the bad ones that give them a bad rep, so I'd just like to thank the cops and the court for not seeing us as boy racers but as teens who did nothing wrong.

And BTW my big bro did not by by a Commie, but instead a Mitsi Lancers GSR ('96) intercooled turbo:s6: - Not a Falcon but hey!
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2003, 22:14   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Oh and I forgot to mention that after he was found guilty he actually pleaded to the court the reconsider, he needed his licence to FIND a job, he had five other speeding infringments over the last 12 months and this was his last straw the judge said, his mother started crying as me, dad and my brother just started laughing.
The judge said that he is lucky that noone was hurt or he'd face me hehehehehe! And he virtually begged on all fours for his licence back, bloody pathetic he was.
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 22:57   #3 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

That'll teach the Buggers
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 23:00   #4 (permalink)
Half Shark Alligator Man

Top stuff , finally some justice for those who are innocent ! Glad to hear it all worked out ok !
Old 03-12-2003, 23:39   #5 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

I second what Milo said. Top stuff. It's great to see the justice system work now and again...
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmaticā„¢) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothmanā„¢.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:23   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Hmm no kangaroo court there ha?
Good feeling too
Goodonya...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 03:08   #7 (permalink)
gone

good to hear mate

and well done on the putting the defence solictor back in his place....
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 03:24   #8 (permalink)

Haha great news sounds like you really stuck it up em and you make a good point about the cops. There just like anyone else, some are good some are bad. Well done!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub