Changes IN WEBSITES ** MUST READ** - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2002, 19:54   #1 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Changes IN WEBSITES ** MUST READ**

Ok not everyone is completed as of yet, but should be in the next 24 hours.

There are changes happening on the way that i am managing these webistes. Each of you that donated enough to get a website will be getting a subdomain as stated. You will be getting the 30mb of space. Here is what is going to change on this.

1. Users will be limited to 1gb of transfer. Seems that there have been a few that in the past were ringing up some seriously HIGH Bandwidth. That is going to change. Once you reach your limit in a month then your site is closed until the end of the month automatically by the software.

2. your subdomain access will change from how you currently access it. Simply enough you will be at YOURNAME.fordforums.com as usual, but accessing it you will not point to the server fordforums.com. You will point to the server YOURNAME.fordforums.com . So with that said an example of how you will access if your name is 123 is as follows.

Server to point to is 123.fordforums.com
User: 123
pass: what I assign you.

3. Passwords. To increase the security for folks on here I am going to be sending you a PASSWORD for your Email and a PASSWORD for your subdomain. I will have it listed clear as day for you. These are randomly generated passwords I do not create them I let a script do that for me.

4. Changes in where you will upload data into to make it viewable on the web. When you FTP in you will see that there are a few folders that you can use. The ones that you want to UPLOAD your data into is the public_html or the www folder. Actually www is just a hotlink to public_html. It will not appear unless you are in one of those folders.

I hope that you guys understand the changes that we are going through on here. Please also bear with me until I have fully implimented these changes. Yes you will get your areas, yes you will get your domains and yes you will get your emails.

If you already have a website hosted on here as a few of you already do. That data will be moved to the new location. So you will not lose that data already placed in there. BUT and this is a BIG BUT if you are over 30mb of data then please let me know. I am going to have to cut it back to 30mb.

I will not delete the information I will just move it from one location to another drive until I hear from you how you would like to handle it.

John
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub