Channel Ten's Bathurst coverage - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2004, 21:24   #1 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Channel Ten's Bathurst coverage

Jeez, I cannot believe I sat through three days of that crap! They put so many ads in it was not funny, and worse still the ads that they played were the most annoying ones known to man!!! Those STUPID autobarn ads (never going there again) with the rapper wankers, the shell helix ad and others. I got my phone out at one point and it seemed that between every 7 and 9 minutes of footage they cut to an ad break that went between 2 and 3 mins! What the hell is with that!?

Then they backed that up with more ads during the F1 race... Towards the end of the race when things were getting interesting, instead of showing the last 10 laps uninterupted they kept cutting away to more ads which really made me sick. I thought they at least would have had the class to get all the breaks out the way during the boring parts and then have mininal ads during the sprint to the line..

Ah well what can you do.

I ended up getting the PS2 out and playing Gran Turismo in the ad breaks, I got an endurance race out the way and won seto's AU racecar!
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2004, 21:42   #2 (permalink)
Ford Enthusiast

Re: Channel Ten's Bathurst coverage

oath, those autobarn ads were just idiotic, it shows who they think their target audience is though. even the ones on the radio were just as annoying; they inserted 'mate' into every sentence.
Old 10-10-2004, 22:17   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB-maen
oath, those autobarn ads were just idiotic, it shows who they think their target audience is though. even the ones on the radio were just as annoying; they inserted 'mate' into every sentence.
yeah i reakon..they have to be the WORST adds i have ever seen. I say we mass email the shmuck and complain. How can that crap be allowed on TV...what is worse is that someone was paided well to come up with it!

I say well all complain about it. I dont blame CH10, they are making a $$ out of these tools. Who's in?

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 22:17   #4 (permalink)
Yes, fords still kick

Does anyone think that the fair haired guy off the Autobarn ads looked like a cross between James Hird and Carson of that queer eye show? Everytime it came on I found something new to throw at the TV. I have neven seen a Bathhurst telecast with more ads than yesterdays.
Old 10-10-2004, 22:54   #5 (permalink)
Tickford EL XR8

I taped all three days of the telecast. Going by the telecast times, I calculated I needed about 7 180 minute video tapes using short play. I used one tape for Friday with out removing the ads. ( I was at work). During Saturday and Sundays telecast, I paused all the add breaks. I was left with 2 unused tapes with about 1hr left on the last. So by real rough calculatulations, there was 6hrs of ads over 2 days!!!!
darren351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 22:57   #6 (permalink)

It was terrible wasnt it? They at least could have wedged the ads in during the numerous pace car laps.

And there was no decent car ads? WTF? No F6/GT mkII ads? Not even Holden (who never seem to miss an oportunity) had any. Just crap.
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 23:09   #7 (permalink)
BOFH

The ad's were horrendous however I think the actual telecast of the race, the camera angles and the overall quality was the best its ever been. Kudos to Ch 10 however a few less ads (and a permenant ban on Auto rice) would have been better.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 23:11   #8 (permalink)
Wish it was a real GT...

I agree that those Autobahn ads were shockers, definately the worst I've seen in a long time. You'd think that they would put ads on during Bathurst that are relevant to the majority of people watching it!
Completed Mods: 19" ADR Chrome Mags, Panasonic Mp3 Head Unit, 6.5" Pioneer Splits (Front), 6.5" Pioneers (Rear), 12" Sony Pentagon Sub, Alpine Amp, Alarm, Pedders Sports Ryder Suspension, K&N Panel Filter
dj_pom82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 23:20   #9 (permalink)

am i the only one that was won over by the autobarn ads and chucked on my beanie to head down to autobarn and buy a low range MP3 player?
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 23:21   #10 (permalink)
Crikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren351
I taped all three days of the telecast. Going by the telecast times, I calculated I needed about 7 180 minute video tapes using short play. I used one tape for Friday with out removing the ads. ( I was at work). During Saturday and Sundays telecast, I paused all the add breaks. I was left with 2 unused tapes with about 1hr left on the last. So by real rough calculatulations, there was 6hrs of ads over 2 days!!!!

So that means 6 hours of adverts in 15 hours of coverage over the two days, that's 40%.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub