Close encounters of an AV kind - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2002, 14:10   #1 (permalink)

Close encounters of an AV kind

After a fairly typical day at work I jump in the Probe and drive out of the car park an whilst
waiting to perform a right hand turn into Springvale Rd what do I see... yes a Silver AV Falcon (reg. REM 945) in full camouflage.

The lights changed and it drove off southbound on Springvale road with me still waiting to turn right, lights changed again and it gets stuck on the front row at Burwood Hwy with me in the median strip just about to pull into the traffic (it now one lane an 10-15 cars away from me)

Lights change again and I slowly catch up to the AV in question this time at High Street Road (still one lane but this time only 4-5 cars)

Waverly road still several cars away.....

Ferntree Gully road, I pull up beside the test car and make a point of inspecting the car and letting the driver see me doing it, and continue to do so driving down to Wellington road where the fun begins....

Wellington road lights, AV in front me Probeing it from behind.... with the AV on the front row again. Lights change AV lights the rear wheels up and takes off. I try to keep up with out going over the posted speed limit and eventually get along side and just cruse there until Dandenong road. This time we pull up at the lights and he deliberately sits several car length behind me in the right hand lane.

Lights change and onward to Springvale.... We both just take off as normal and he jets stuck in traffic and slows. We arrive at the Springvale level crossing just as the boom gates are opening and about 5 cars are in the middle and right lane and nothing in the left hand turning lane. As the lights change the AV with NO indication picks the left hand turning lane and straight over the railway line and ends up in the right hand lane and I am left to wade my way through the traffic.

Heatherton road I catch up to him stuck behind several cars at the traffic lights. After that I didn’t see the car again.

I only I had my in car video working......
95ProbeGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2002, 14:23   #2 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

Could you tell if the car was a V8 or a I6?
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 14:28   #3 (permalink)

It only had a small exhaust from what I could see so I would assume that it was a 6. It was also very quiet.
95ProbeGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 15:07   #4 (permalink)

sounds like you had fun there! :) must be pretty interesting if it was a six and he lit the wheels up! it was probably one of those dohc sixes! i'm getting rather impatient to get my hands on one of those dohc heads!

hmmm, you reckon ford would give me one of those dohc heads now for... uhm... durability assessment purposes? :D
Old 01-17-2002, 16:37   #5 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

95ProbeGT thanks for sharing your encounters with us!

This place has been turning to shit with all the bullshit politics that has been going on and it is refreshing to actualy hear about your AV Falcon experience. I myself saw one travelling back from Tullamarine Airport (the opposite direction though)
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 16:51   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by TurboDOHC

This place has been turning to shit with all the bullshit politics that has been going on and it is refreshing to actualy hear about your AV Falcon experience. I myself saw one travelling back from Tullamarine Airport (the opposite direction though)
I have counted on these forums 50+ AV threads. We are not killing AV discussion, we will allow anything that is in the public domain (what you saw on the roads, in magazines etc) to be discussed. Just keep in mind magazine pictures have copyright, so we are at risk of legal action if they are posted. If we allow details that came from any other areas than these we rish a) harming our relationship with ford, and b) legal action from ford affecting firstly the forums (could go as far as shutting them down, GM tried that with GM Forums) and then the person whom posted it. We are doing this for the forums, and it's users good. If you cannot understand that please PM/ICQ/Email me and we will talk about whatever issues you have.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 16:57   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
This place has been turning to shit with all the bullshit politics that has been going on and it is refreshing to actualy hear about your AV Falcon experience.
There is no bullshit politics going on here. We have these things in place for the good of all concerned. If you don't like it.. don't post.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 17:04   #8 (permalink)
gone

Quote:

Well I am sorry to hear that mate.. If you feel that way then maybe you can stop reading the "bullshit" take your bat and ball and pee off!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 17:06   #9 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally posted by 95ProbeGT
It only had a small exhaust from what I could see so I would assume that it was a 6. It was also very quiet.
Sounds great mate

any further details on stance of car???
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 17:08   #10 (permalink)

turbodohc

look mate, i know you're burning to know, but i agree with fm and dk. i was one of the lucky ones to go on the melb trip last october, and let me tell you, we don't want to screw up what we've got going with ford. geoff asked us to keep anything that may harm ford to ourselves, and we should be prepared to do that. if the pres of Ford Aust comes to post here, asks to actually meet us and have a talk to us (and then more) and works his arse off to pull Ford out of the ditch it is in right now, i think keeping our mouths shut about some stuff is a very small price to pay.

i hope you see the point i'm trying to make. i'm in no way having a go at you, just trying to explain why things are the way they are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub