Club membership changes proposed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2002, 18:04   #1 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Club membership changes proposed

I have had a bit of a problem recently with this site taking up a bit too much of my time. In particular, the new registrations to the owners club has taken me away from what I am supposed to be working on. So it got me thinking. I thought I would research a couple of big clubs around the country (both of whom I am familiar with having exchanged web site links with them). They are the Vic XR6 and XR8 owners club, and the SA Tickford club. Here are some notes that I took:

Vic XR6/8 owners club
Joining fee: $15
Annual: $55
Joining fee includes: key ring, membership card, 1 year subscription to their magazine - various discounts including insurance available to members

Tickford Club SA
$25 per year, no joining fee
Includes card, 6 newsletters per year, Car ID for display alongside car at shows, club apparel available, discounted parts from select Ford dealerships, discounts on tyres and suspension from select dealerships

By now you probably get what I am hinting at. By proposing a small annual membership fee, I wish to bring this club into the big league by increasing the information available on it, officially registering it, possibly advertising, trying to find sponsorships and so forth. Because it is a national club, it is a big job.

To give some idea of my recent and forthcoming expenses to the site, they include paying off the remainder of the discussion board's renewal (though donations from Brent79 and ozorion have been a big help), renewing Ford.i8.com for another 6 months to give people more time ($60), registering eafalcon.com URL plus a new generic one (about $15-20 each), a recent $80 up-front payment towards stickers, and so on. This, in addition to the lost productivity from my personal work. Basically, it is not sustainable.

My proposition is to introduce a system where new or renewed applications can be sent via snail mail with a small annual fee (undercutting our 'rivals'), which would hopefully include some enticing merchandise as part of the deal. Current members would not need to renew until, say, January 2003. Obviously the possibilities for future expansion are limitless when there are some finances to work with.

It is very awkward for me to propose this, but it had to happen sooner or later. I'd be interested in any thoughts.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2002, 18:25   #2 (permalink)
ex ea driver

sounds like a good idea
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 18:35   #3 (permalink)
Ford Anti B&S Squad

Fees

A good idea Jack this could give the club the boost it needs. If this happens though the Club should be then maintaned as a club, meaning that regular updates, cruises, information and contrabutions should happen. Also you say that this site is taking up alot of your time how about going partnering with people and share the work load this would increase the site but without adding more workload to your self. Any way i have seen this site mature over the last year and i think it is ready for the next step. But only with careful decisions will this happen.
EA90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 18:56   #4 (permalink)
AcidBurns

Re: Fees

Sounds fine by me Jack, and I'd have to agree with EA90, the workload is obviously too much for just you to handle...
Old 04-29-2002, 19:44   #5 (permalink)
formerly sikEA

Sounds sweet Jack! The only issue I have is how us people up north benefit considering more than half the club is concentrated down south.....I'd sign up just for the merchandise though

...mmm clevo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
And Yagz, come back in six months faggot
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 20:20   #6 (permalink)

G'Day, Fees sound ok, I hear a lot of people making waves in regards to their location, well I may also fit into this category as I live in MOE :-)) I took your advice Jack and re-registered as the above instead of just lizzard. Catch you on the 5th.
lizzard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 21:33   #7 (permalink)
AcidBurns

MOE?! That's not far!!
Old 04-29-2002, 22:01   #8 (permalink)
ScoopED

I havent been a member of the club for long. It seems like the an appropriate next step in the evolution of the club. I'm fine with paying fees, i mean, it is only fair...... you cant have something for nothing.

ScoopED
Old 04-29-2002, 22:29   #9 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

sounds good to me..

Hey Jack this sounds like a pretty far idea to me.I was wondering what is the best way of forwarding moneys in terms of donations and moneys owing for say club fees for you and the EA falcon home page??Is money order a good idea or bash it on the credit card??Just thought I'd ask, probably a stupid question but I don't like seeing you take the weight of the project.

Cya Lukey.

Proud TQE Operator
lukeyn039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 08:57   #10 (permalink)

Re: sounds good to me..

Sounds like a good idea to me. I would be more than happy to pay a fee to stay a member of the club. It's only fair :) Just have to work out something with payment as I don't yet have a credit card!

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub