Clubbie Or Gt? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2002, 20:53   #1 (permalink)
T/Control for sheilas

Question Clubbie Or Gt?

Clubbie or GT
If the GT is 290kw and 520NM, how does HSV plan to keep selling at the rate it does when the GT is priced against the Clubbie. And to add to that drama how does the GTS expect to sell when you get 10kw for an extra 25K? Looks like its going to be a tougher war for Crennan and the clayton boys this time around. OHHH, I have just worked it out. Crennan in his wisdom has made the Y GTS a limited edition of 100 cause that is probably the maximum they could shove out the door at 95K! he he h eh eh eh
gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2002, 20:58   #2 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

LOL agreed there even at 100 with the styling of that thing id be suprised if they would sell but i guess each to their own but i will laugh very hard at the guy who buys a body kitted commodore for 95K what a waste:S

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

191.3RWHP 15.301@92MPH willowbank raceway. ghay 3.08 single spinner:(
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 22:30   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

there are more than enough people that will buy them just because they are a Holden... that's just the way it is.
The power of Holden's marketing machine is awesome ... I hope Ford are looking closely....
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 22:41   #4 (permalink)
Poor IT guy

Hope this doesn't end up like the LS1 thread
Homer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 00:44   #5 (permalink)

HSV will probably sell twice as much as FPV, which is an improvement instead of 10 times as much during the T-series.
Old 11-04-2002, 00:56   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by xa-coupe
there are more than enough people that will buy them just because they are a Holden... that's just the way it is.
The power of Holden's marketing machine is awesome ... I hope Ford are looking closely....
Didn't work with the Calibra - Holden can have failures too, and the GTS may well become one of them now Ford are offering something competitive in a straight line at last.

I for one, would just love to see that smug look get wiped off Crennan's face.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 01:14   #7 (permalink)
BSR

I really like the new VY GTS, the one at the SMS looked awesome!Big diff in price, but i would take one over the GT

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 01:24   #8 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

The Y series HSV are Ugly as shyte. I have not seen them in metal yet so maybe my opinion of them will change, But I think they really look terrible. SS commodore, and especially the Ute looks great. The SSX concept Hatch or whatever, that's the BEST looking VY front I have seen, If only HSV's front looked like that, then they might actually have soem time to improve that disasterous rear end.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 02:14   #9 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Quote:
Originally posted by XLR8
I really like the new VY GTS, the one at the SMS looked awesome!Big diff in price, but i would take one over the GT
Good for you! Congratulations - you're person number 4 who actually likes the Y-Series!!!

All HSV needs now is another 96 people and they are set They have shot themselves in the foot - not only have they received a newfound ugliness, but their unjustifiably high pricing scheme is now coming under rightful fire!

But, as always, that won't stop the sheep from lapping them up... bad sheep! Bad sheep!
Old 11-04-2002, 02:49   #10 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by XLR8

I saw a VY SS leaving the airport Friday night. I can honestly say it's ugly, and that's not just because I'm a Ford driver!

xa-coupe hit the nail on the head with his words of wisdom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub