Commodore blows Ford away - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2002, 01:51   #1 (permalink)

Commodore blows Ford away

Quote:
Originally posted in The Age 14/11/02

VFACTS sales figures released last week by the FCAI show that Holden's charge continues almost unchallenged. So much so that Holden sold more Commodores than Ford sold in it's entire range. Holden shifted 9667 Commodores of which almost 3500 were the runout VX model. The company claims it is the best start ever for a new Holden model, which has the company on track to smash it's sales record of 173,854 cars in 1973. "We were quietly confident that the new VY would be enthusiastically accepted," says Holden's exec director of sales & marketing, Ross McKenzie. "This result has surpassed our best expectations."
Ford meanwhile, says it is happy with the start its BA falcon has made. In October the company sold 5252 Falcons, of which about 2000 were the last of the AU runout models. Ford president Geoff Polites says order books for the heavily revised BA are full and plenty of overtime is scheduled to meet demand.
I fully expected the VY to continue the strong sales trend of the VX but not to this extent. This is a pretty big kick in the teeth for Ford & the fact that they have been unable to meet demand is just making their plight worse.

Here's to hoping Ford can make some inroads to Holden's huge lead.

MavSS
mavss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2002, 02:10   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

I'd say a fair bit of this number was run-out specials. I'm waiting for Feb/March next year when the new models are entrentched to see any real BA/VY Comparison sales wise.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 02:29   #3 (permalink)

As someone said "Ive stuck with Ford through AU so they owe me"

If I have to put up with people giving me crap for liking Fords for another 12 mths Ill scream!

Its ok though, light on the horizon, hopefully it'll bag Wheels car of the year!
JaseMelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 02:30   #4 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

Don't worry about it man if Ford said there selling every car they can make then I'm happy.
Old 11-14-2002, 02:35   #5 (permalink)
ex ea driver

As Geof said earlier, all that they want to do is meet there sales quoter, which is no way going to be where holdens, but they just want to be able to continuse production of the model and also maby down the track, KICK SOME _ _ _ _ _ _ BUM!!!!!
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 02:52   #6 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Ford sales increased 45%,and what's really getting to my nerves is that I know someone who's on a waiting list to get his station wagon XT. Far out, they haven't even started to sell the BA yet mate, trust me. Ford will shut down if they didn't start to deliver some real XR sports car soon, just a bit of advice to Ford.
Old 11-14-2002, 02:53   #7 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Maybe having 8000 VX runouts helped that figure. $27K drive away is a good deal.

As said, the models are mixed and is misleading. VY also went on sale earlier than BA.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:00   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ayman
Ford sales increased 45%,and what's really getting to my nerves is that I know someone who's on a waiting list to get his station wagon XT. Far out, they haven't even started to sell the BA yet mate, trust me. Ford will shut down if they didn't start to deliver some real XR sports car soon, just a bit of advice to Ford.
what is this meant to mean?????

Falcon sales have increased 45% ..so far so good.. someone is waiting for XT wagon ...so far so good...The rest makes no sense in relation to the first bit of your post...
I can't see what you are getting on Ford's case for when they are selling 45% more cars according to you. If the BA is as popluare as it seems to be ..there will be a wait. God knows enough commodore types waited quite a few months before getting delivery of their SS's .. I didn;t see people saying Holden were going to shut down...

jayzus
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 03:03   #9 (permalink)
Crazed Cone Chaser

Does anybody actually read the article cut-outs that people post??

It clearly states that of the 9667 Commodores sold almost 3500 were VX runouts.

There is no point getting our backs up just because we are not beating holden in the sales race....i dont think anyone at Ford really expected for it to happen and neither should we.

The commodore has a well established image in the market and just because the new falcon is awesome to us and is bloody good on paper doesnt mean it will sway the everyday buyers.

No doubt the BA will close the gap on the commodore somewhat, but it will be a long while before it gets to the point of overtaking in sales.

Having said that, it will be good to see a direct month to month comparison when the 2 models have been selling for the same amount of time.

DILLIGAF: a subsiduary of the DGAF NOP group of companies.
BSR Member - 'Blanky' 'ConeKiller'

Go Here for My Garage Sale
MADXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 03:06   #10 (permalink)
BA Turbo

I think the point ayman was trying to make was that if Ford cannot deliver their product now - wait until the XR8 and Utes start to fire down the lines - how the hell are they going to deliver XT wagons, let alone the "extras"
mattyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub