Commodore Capers..........ggrrrrrrr...... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2005, 03:43   #1 (permalink)
strange cattle them women

Commodore Capers..........ggrrrrrrr......

Well, now I know why I am a Ford man.

Last weekend, I had to drive to Airlie Beach to pick up a 351 windsor that I had bought from e-bay and take a 289 windsor up as well......

I had 3 cars to choose from for the trip,

a F100 with a 460 in it......to costly on juice.

BAXR8 ute....kangaroos along the way, could hurt.

VR Commodore, borrowed but can do the job......or so I thought.

I made it from Brisbane to Carmila, about 950 k and could smell transmission fluid, so as luck would have it, I had just passed a service station, so I turned around and went to look. Thank god it didn't happen 50 or more k down the road, its in the middle of no where.
Anyway, I had a look under the car, and it was covered in oil, so further investigation could not turn up anything other than the breather tube bleeding.....lol

I filled the transmission, and attempted to move, but realised rather quickly that I was in more trouble than flash gordon. The noises it made would have the motor vehicle equivalent of the RSPCA chasing me for cruelty.
I rang the RACQ and they told me to drive across the road, and wait till 7 30 in the morning when he got there.
When he arrived, took one quick look under the drivers front guard, and said, "yep, gearbox mate, see em all the time, 5 in 1 week, and 2 in 1 day are my records" He went on to tell me just how many he had had, and how bad they were.

At this stage, I have contacted my mate in Airlie Beach and have him coming down with my 351. I book some flights for myself and my mate out of Mackay for 4 10 in the afternoon. I was now 8am.

I found the local, and waited till 10 when it opened, waiting for my 351, to put in the ute, and then get a lift to Mackay to fly on home. Come 2pm, I am getting worried that Paul still had not arrived, so calling him netted yet another General Motors dissappointment.

Ignition barrel fell out, stuffed!!!!

By the time he got to me, my flight was gone, and I had to buy another 2 tickets (bloody Virgin Blue) but they have copped enough this week...

What was meant to be a quick up and back trip in 26 hours wound up as 3 days, tons of cash, and a hangover.

I guess it all began with the bloody keys........

First time ever in a Holden, and most definatly the last.
347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2005, 16:46   #2 (permalink)
in the chopshop workshop

Re: Commodore Capers..........ggrrrrrrr......

lol maybe next time ya should just spend the extra dosh on fuel and take the F100 aye bro

seems like it wouldve ended up with less trouble
Old 02-22-2005, 20:56   #3 (permalink)

After doing 6 trips to adelaid and back, you learn to spot wildlife at a distance and make sure you never travel at dusk or dawn. Its actually fairly rare for roo's to just jump onto the road during the day, its hotter for one, and 2 if they can see something moving, they normally stay away from it. Its when they can't see that there is a problem.

So that said, you should have taken the Ute, only driven it through the day and simply been extra careful.
FORDV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:53   #4 (permalink)
strange cattle them women

In regards to Kangaroos, approx 70% of the population of roos in Australia are in QLD, and it is so common, when you claim for roo damage, it doesnt even affect your rating. I had no choice but to drive through dawn and dusk, seeing that I was travelling 2500k in a weekend........so the XR8 was really not a good option.
You guys down south dont even have BIG roos like up here.......lol
347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:03   #5 (permalink)

I use sonic stoppers, from Super Cheap $10. They make a noise skippy doesn't like. Driven Briz to Perth, 5 times, no problems. Skippy's worse Cobar to Broken Hill.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub