Commodore Cop Cars and Fords - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2001, 18:25   #1 (permalink)
100% Speeding (when safe)

Commodore Cop Cars and Fords

I know from a friend that the v8 autos are getting an average of 30,000km before rebuilding the auto. He works at a geelong holden dealership.!!
How bads that.
Thats why the cops are starting to go back to falcons. The holdens have too many days off!!

How can holden make a profit selling these cars if they have to spend $? on them during the warranty period?
Ford has apparently done a deal with NSW cops for XR8's, so thats good for Ford.
ED Manual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2001, 18:48   #2 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Yeah could be right there mate..

What was the original reason the cops went with the SS's? It was the better top speed wasn't it?
Old 08-20-2001, 19:05   #3 (permalink)
FPV

Cops

They should scrap all the holdens in the police force and get all the cops driving T50s!!! Then no one will out run a cop

420+rwhp
YTRY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 20:28   #4 (permalink)
Australian TE50 AU1 Member

yeah, everyone would be slowing down to have a look at the car!!!!!!!
TeeHee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 00:39   #5 (permalink)

As I've said else where the ACT cops have trouble keeping the engines in the Commodore. And they won't buy Falcon until Ford does a V8 MANUAL Forte. That's the traffic cops that is, the general guys don't care.
Old 08-21-2001, 00:45   #6 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I say stuff the cops and give them the base models again. They don't deserve XR8 and SS. Having said that, there is an image building element there so a good compromise would be to sell them the XR8s without skirts and other extras so the private buyer doesn't have to compete in the resale arena.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 01:16   #7 (permalink)
Aus ls1 *********

I have seen F*%$ all Ford in at Dawson Strret here in Melbourne.
The TMU hated the XR8's as they had less power worse brakes and uncomfortable seats. Thats a few of the reasons they went for SS's and WRX's. I realise Ford has improved their product but Vic Pol has yet to see this.

The idea about police not having either SS's or XR8 is ludicrous.

If your owned a TS 50 and it got knocked would you want coppers in 6 cylinder pieces of sh%# trying to catch them as they drove off. It would be like the coppers were giving chase with ther handbrake on! Goodbye TS50.
HRT 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 06:01   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by HRT 8
I have seen F*%$ all Ford in at Dawson Strret here in Melbourne.
The TMU hated the XR8's as they had less power worse brakes and uncomfortable seats. Thats a few of the reasons they went for SS's and WRX's. I realise Ford has improved their product but Vic Pol has yet to see this.

The idea about police not having either SS's or XR8 is ludicrous.

If your owned a TS 50 and it got knocked would you want coppers in 6 cylinder pieces of sh%# trying to catch them as they drove off. It would be like the coppers were giving chase with ther handbrake on! Goodbye TS50.
The money they save on buying Fortes and Execs could be better spent on Police Choppers. One hugely speeding car on the road is bad enough, so why add another 5 cops to the equation? In alot of cases a high speed chase will end up in big crash and sometimes into innocent pedestrians.

There less likey to run if they dont know they are being chased or know they cant get away (ie Choppers)
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 06:14   #9 (permalink)
Chromed Member

I have heard from a very reliable source that cops didnt stick to fords because the new v8's would only run on premium unleaded, and they couldnt justify the extra few cents a litre cost. I suppose it all adds up, but hey when your going flat nacker after a crook, who cares about fuel prices??:( :cussing:
botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 20:32   #10 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I agree with the idea that we don't want some of these young (some punks amongst them) Highway Patrol guys to be hooning after other cars. The answer is choppers and other means of following. I'm sorry, but some of these young guys in the HP these days are just TOO young and lack the experience they need. There have been many people who have died when hit by pursuit cop cars and it is seldom an answer to chase them. Then we can discuss the driving ability of some of the people they chase......

Problem is, the running costs of choppers is horrendous......

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub