Commodores to get recalled again - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2001, 04:36   #1 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

Commodores to get recalled again

On LS1.COM there are a few people saying that they got notices in their mail saying that Holden wants to recall their cars to fix the fuel pumps for the second time :D
This is another reason why i don't buy Holdens.
They're complete rubbish .
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2001, 05:36   #2 (permalink)
GTHO4

Re: Commodores to get recalled again

Quote:
Originally posted by gms00

This is another reason why i don't buy Holdens.
They're complete rubbish .
Try and tell that to the Holden guys....or is that ex Ford guys.:D
Old 05-29-2001, 05:52   #3 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

[rant]
Ok guys I feel the need to say something here, you can all letter bomb me later. On these boards i have noticed a tendency to bag out anything without the right badge on it (i.e. Ford) which is almost fair enough, because yes this is a ford forum. However, really instead of saying the other manufacturers, in this case Holden, make "Complete Rubbish", which we all know is complete rubbish anyway. Holden, Ford Mitubishi and Toyota all make decent cars and all have their own particular good and bad points, none of them are complete rubbish, nor should we say so, we should be saying where other cars have strengths, in contrast to Fords weaknesses, this can help to identify to people from Ford browsing the board where we would like to see their product improved... It's one thing to say we need to have a 5 speed auto, etc, but put it in relevance to what other manufacturers are currently doing right, rather than saying it in a thread alone with the topic being devoted to where you fear the AV will go wrong.
Strengths pointed out in the oppositions products can be more effective than positng you fear something will not occur. Don't rubbish what is overall a decent vehicle in one cheap throwaway line, we're all more intelligent than that.
[/rant]
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 05:55   #4 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

DK, letter bomb's in the mail...:D
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 05:58   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JEM
DK, letter bomb's in the mail...:D
Looking forward to it

*ducks a grenade*
Old 05-29-2001, 06:07   #6 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

DK, I'm not into bagging the other manufacturers (except for Toyota for bringing in the Avayawn), but Holden do have some serious issues that they should get away with. The fuel pump issue is one, and another is that dodgy cardboard shield (they say it is). There have been occasions where these have caught FIRE!! I heard of this happening quite a wile ago, now it has happened again to a guy over at LS1.com while he had it on the dyno (luckily).

These are serious issues that should be handled ASAP by Holden.. :fmad: :fmad:
Old 05-29-2001, 06:09   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

That is true, I am not disputing that what I am disputing is slaging off a whole car because of a few problems. I am sure there are a few problems with the AU/AUII but is it worth slagging off the whole car/manufacturer about?
Old 05-29-2001, 06:16   #8 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by DONUT KING
That is true, I am not disputing that what I am disputing is slaging off a whole car because of a few problems. I am sure there are a few problems with the AU/AUII but is it worth slagging off the whole car/manufacturer about?
I think in this case it is. When there's a chance of fire in the engine bay which could've been easily avoided with a well thought out design rather than stuffing cardboard in the engine bay, then I think they deserve to get a serve. If it happened to Ford, I'd feel the same way.
Old 05-29-2001, 06:25   #9 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Can you expand on this? I haven't actually heard anything about it....
Old 05-29-2001, 06:39   #10 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Well what I understand of it is that there is a heat shield on the passenger side of the car that is there to protect the PCM. It seems that in some cases it may not be getting mounted properly, then there is overhang thats too close to headers, then there's fire. It looks like its more of an issue with aftermarket extractors, but it don't matter, mount the shield properly, or relocate the PCM to a safer location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub