Company Policy - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2002, 01:27   #1 (permalink)
Cobra188

Company Policy

Start with a cage containing five monkeys. Inside the cage, hang a banana on a string and place a set of stairs under it. Before long, a monkey will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, spray all of the other monkeys with cold water.

After a while, another monkey makes an attempt with the same result all the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon, when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it.

Now put away the cold water. Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his surprise and horror, all of the other monkeys attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm! Likewise, replace a third original monkey with a new one, then a fourth, then the fifth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked. Most of the monkeys that are beating him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb
the stairs or why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

After replacing all the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs to try for the banana. Why not? Because as far as they know that's the way it's always been done around here.

And that, my friends, is how a company policy begins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2002, 01:35   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I can assure you Fordforums policy on moderation of posts was not created like that, so you have no cause for alarm about our policy.
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 01:37   #3 (permalink)
Cobra188

DK> just posting a couple of funnies mate - no need to get paranoid - LOL
Old 06-27-2002, 01:42   #4 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra188
DK> just posting a couple of funnies mate - no need to get paranoid - LOL
Just making sure going by the amount of snide remarks about the job done by the moderators I have seen you post recently, I thought maybe you needed clarification on this issue :bs6:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 02:04   #5 (permalink)
Cobra188

DK> I thought my remarks, when I made them, were open and quite directly to the point - you might be confusing satire with snide.

I don't mind having a shot at ppl - usually all done in good humour and a fair amount of tongue in cheek - don't mind copping it either - if you can't get a laugh out of others you might as well have a good laugh at yourself.

I got into the habit of laughing at myself 'cos everyone else was doing it
Old 06-27-2002, 02:18   #6 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Cobra,
I didn't know you were a fisherman.

We should get together sometime....

Ken
KenOath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 02:23   #7 (permalink)
Cobra188

Ken> I live right by the river mate - and I tell you there are some big ones out there.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:07   #8 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Oath
Cobra,
I didn't know you were a fisherman.

We should get together sometime....

Ken
Fishermen don't last too long around here. Wanna try your luck?
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 16:33   #9 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Sorry sir, Ill fall back into line now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub