?copper defect trap? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2002, 17:22   #1 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

?copper defect trap?

I can't 100% confirm this but perhaps some1 could help me out.
A couple of weeks ago there was a ad in the Adelaide Trading Post for a "Modified 6 and 4 cylinder cruise". I saw the ad and figured it was just for rice so i didnt go out. It was to meet on anzac highway somewere.
Well what i have heard is that the ad was placed by the police and once every1 was in the carpark the boys in blue rocked up, blocked all exits then proceeded to defect every single vehicle and send them off for full vehicle inspections!
I know Adelaide is having a massive defect blitz on modified cars but this is total BS!
There is over a two month wait to get into the vehicle inspection station because SO many people are being defected.
Can any1 confirm if this is true? I have heard about it from a number of different people and a few taxi drivers have told me about the event and that i should be careful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2002, 00:20   #2 (permalink)

Tough S**t, if they were defective they deserve what they get.
Illegally/Poorly modified vehicles kill people!
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 01:05   #3 (permalink)
BA Turbo

whilst i agree with the statement tough sh!t, because a defect vehical is a defect vehical, setting up a "trap" is just plain wrong.

its like a undercover cop trying to egg somebody on for a drag at the lights.
mattyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 02:13   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by mattyc
whilst i agree with the statement tough sh!t, because a defect vehical is a defect vehical, setting up a "trap" is just plain wrong.

its like a undercover cop trying to egg somebody on for a drag at the lights.
You got kids ?

Tell that to the parents of the lad over here, killed walking to school by a flying wheel from a illegally modified car.
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 03:11   #5 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Coppers can read you know.

Prob saw it and targeted it.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 03:33   #6 (permalink)
plonky

Can't see your logic Mattyc, and quite frankly the mods that are made are quite stupid! The notion of the Police being an agent provocateur is ridiculous, more than likely someone read it and decided to do something about it. When people realise that it is not the car that is targeted but the cretinous behaviour of the retards that drive them, then they may realise why.

Not everyone that modifies a car is going to get a ticket, por even get pulled over. If someone plays up the cops will remember them, and operations such as this are put into play.

There will always be people that tag along and do nothing wrong and unfortunately for them, they get tarred with the same brush.
Old 10-13-2002, 03:44   #7 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Quote:
Originally posted by EL XR6
Tough S**t, if they were defective they deserve what they get.
Illegally/Poorly modified vehicles kill people!
If you had a copper pull you over with a total intent to defect your vehicle and then send you for a full vehicle inspection that will have your car off the road for two months waiting to get inspected, you might think differently to tough sh*t.
I know of some1 getting knocked back in a SS ute for having bolts in his suspension being .5mm too long! they were the factory bolts-but to get it passed he has to change them. He also has to pay to come back again and wait another two months.
Old 10-13-2002, 03:50   #8 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Even if the cops did set this up nothing could be done about it, they are trying to get modified cars off of the road to stop the "hoons" in adelaide. With the footage on today-tonight out the back of holdens it looks as tho the blitz is going to get so much worse!

I was just trying to find out if any1 new if the coppers did place the ad or not.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:03   #9 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

hmm sounds like entrapment to me:S same as high way drags a cop instigated the race i got let off, serves them right, defect yes if ur cars illegal in a way that will affect the drivialibity or safety of the car np, pod filter, noise etc thats just money hunting, but there are always 2 sides to an arguement, id like to know what the cops have to say about this though, be an interesting read, but my stand is that it would be classed as entrapment, im luck i live in qld at least we have SOME decent cops up this way too bad its lacking in other areas

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

191.3RWHP 15.301@92MPH willowbank raceway. ghay 3.08 single spinner:(
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 04:17   #10 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

I think it depends on what the defects are for, IMO some defects are just pure petty, and any thing which looks good seems to be defectable.

however defects which cause a car to be unsafe e.g rust are fair enough IMO.

but being a car cruise most of the defects I presume would have been for things like exhausts, and neons etc...

Poor form if true I think from the coppers.

I got pulled over at a RBT on friday though and the copper there was a champ. He was talking to me about my car, said it looked good, asked if it was a 6 or a 8, and told me the exhaust sounded sweet. More coppers like this wouldnt go a stray!
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub