cops get new cars - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2005, 16:48   #1 (permalink)

cops get new cars

check the 0-100kph

Cops have fleet of gold
Anthony Dowsley
21dec05

THE only thing faster than quicksilver is flashy gold. Victoria Police has unveiled its new highway patrol V8 Commodore SS, distinctively painted devil yellow, as part of the force's fleet of pursuit vehicles.

Twenty of the high-powered, hi-tech cars, which can reach 100km/h in less than nine seconds, are the latest frontline weapon to cut the road toll.

Each car has secure digital radios, mobile radar equipment and are fitted to test drivers for the presence of alcohol or drugs.

The fleet takes over from the light-blue Ford Falcon pursuit cars police have used for more than a year.

Assistant Commissioner Noel Ashby said the new cars – known as special mobile anti-road toll (SMART) cars, would be rolled out for the force's biggest Christmas road safety blitz yet.

Up to 200 officers will be on duty around the clock focusing on drink-driving, drug-driving, speed and fatigue.

"The operation across Victoria will be comprehensive and bigger than anything that's preceded it," he said. "These cars will be visible right across the state."
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2005, 20:48   #2 (permalink)

Re: cops get new cars

wow 100kms in 9 seconds ha ha ha they might have a chance against L platers now, well thats what they get for driving a holden
krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 21:26   #3 (permalink)

Brand New L76 6.0l V8
Old 12-21-2005, 04:46   #4 (permalink)
KILL MURPHY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVEN

Twenty of the high-powered, hi-tech cars, which can reach 100km/h in less than nine seconds, are the latest frontline weapon to cut the road toll.
ROFL! a hyundai is quicker!
TEE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:59   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEE5
ROFL! a hyundai is quicker!
yeah but dont tell a copper that, they think there commonwhore`s are the ant`s pant`s,,, get in one and give a boot full and you`ll laugh your guts out
Old 12-21-2005, 18:56   #6 (permalink)

I know them things are SUPPOSED to have that 6.0l but those numbers say .60l seriously, 0-100 MPH in nine seconds would be slow, but 0-100 KPH? Isn't that like 62 MPH?
Old 12-21-2005, 20:10   #7 (permalink)
CaR bUfF pRoDiGy

yeah thats what i was thinkin StuckInThe60's......cuz my bike is faster than that (well almost) hehe
Old 12-21-2005, 20:27   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInThe60's
I know them things are SUPPOSED to have that 6.0l but those numbers say .60l seriously, 0-100 MPH in nine seconds would be slow, but 0-100 KPH? Isn't that like 62 MPH?
its just a case of a dumbass reporter cause SS commo's go 0-100kph in 5.9
Old 12-21-2005, 21:07   #9 (permalink)

i got chased by a cop in a 5.7 ss i was in my rod and i left him miles behind, i tried to pull into my mates driveway (car was unregested) (and i had no licence) as soon as i hit the gravel the brakes locked up and i slid straight into his fence i had never been i a chase before so it was new to me, i picked the longest street in the area to run up so there was no hidding the street was about 3klm`s long buy the time the cop cought up with me i managed to reverse off the fence park in the driveway and get out of the car,,,, i was going off my head i kicked the sh1t out of what was left of my radiator luckerly the cop was by his self he got me to carm down,, while he was talking to me he said "mate i dont know why you were trying to out run me ive got a 5.7 litre commodore",,,,, well i could`nt help myself and laughed at him ,,, lucky for me he was a good cop or he could have impounded my car, he put me in his car to take me home to check my id,,, when we left the driveway he nailed it 5500 rpm and i swear that heap of sh1t would not pull the skin off a rice pudding ,,,,,,,,,,,, i said to the cop you joking arent you is that all its got,,,,,,,, the cop said he was doing 180 kph trying to catch me, now my mate has servalence camera`s on his property and it was cought on tape when i hit the fence we counted 5 seconds before he even came into veiw of the camera thats 5 seconds at 180kph and i still had plenty more left in the old girl ,,,,,,,,,, that goes to show you a 5.7l commonwhore is no match for a 1000kg clevo powered hot rod
Old 12-21-2005, 21:23   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusty
i got chased by a cop in a 5.7 ss i was in my rod and i left him miles behind, i tried to pull into my mates driveway (car was unregested) (and i had no licence) as soon as i hit the gravel the brakes locked up and i slid straight into his fence i had never been i a chase before so it was new to me, i picked the longest street in the area to run up so there was no hidding the street was about 3klm`s long buy the time the cop cought up with me i managed to reverse off the fence park in the driveway and get out of the car,,,, i was going off my head i kicked the sh1t out of what was left of my radiator luckerly the cop was by his self he got me to carm down,, while he was talking to me he said "mate i dont know why you were trying to out run me ive got a 5.7 litre commodore",,,,, well i could`nt help myself and laughed at him ,,, lucky for me he was a good cop or he could have impounded my car, he put me in his car to take me home to check my id,,, when we left the driveway he nailed it 5500 rpm and i swear that heap of sh1t would not pull the skin off a rice pudding ,,,,,,,,,,,, i said to the cop you joking arent you is that all its got,,,,,,,, the cop said he was doing 180 kph trying to catch me, now my mate has servalence camera`s on his property and it was cought on tape when i hit the fence we counted 5 seconds before he even came into veiw of the camera thats 5 seconds at 180kph and i still had plenty more left in the old girl ,,,,,,,,,, that goes to show you a 5.7l commonwhore is no match for a 1000kg clevo powered hot rod
ROFLOL!!!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub