Could be my 1st car... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2004, 02:31   #1 (permalink)

Could be my 1st car...

My cousin own's an NC Fairlane Ghia 5l V8... cost him $5k a few months ago, he got the price down from $7, got 192k in the clock, $1200, headunit in it $1000 amp, spent $2 on it fixing minor things as well as service and tune, has a minor oil leak, being fixed also has split engine mount going to be fixed. he does drive like a bit of a looney, gives it to it everynow and then but hey who doesn't? he is selling it cauz he's moving to London in december.. i wil have about $2,500 by then, and will think of going to bank and getting a loan. the car is in pretty good condition inside and out, got some mags and tins (tins don't look good, back window is bubble so i will fix it) if i got this car i plan on keeping it for awhile, put a mild cam in it, air intake extractors/exhaust and keep it for many years to come, what do you guys think? (its a '92 build)\
any other questions fire away i will tell you what i know and ask him when i see him next about what i dont know
Quote:
<mrmkII> a tick bit my nuts!!!!
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2004, 03:01   #2 (permalink)
I wanna eat your children

Re: Could be my 1st car...

just let people know what he wants to sell it for so they can give you some accurate advice based on the price
Old 09-19-2004, 03:20   #3 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Have a look around the use car market, but i would be prepared to pay a bit extra for it considering you know it has had some work done on it. Its easy to cover up problems in these cars as anyone would know, so make sure you do your homework and decide what your prepared to pay. If he doesnt wanna sell it for what you offer him then politely leave it, you can always pay too much for a car as most of us know.

Work out a budget and maybe refer to www.redbook.com.au. However I wouldnt really take red book prices into consideration as the car is old, id be having a look around carsales.com.au to see what is available with the same kms etc.

Goodluck!
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 03:35   #4 (permalink)

oh sry forgot to mention prices hahaha.... he paid $5,500 down from about $7.... he put in his sound system, cant be bothered taking it out when he leaves.... he told me i can have it for $5,000
Quote:
Old 09-19-2004, 03:39   #5 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

At 5,000 its pretty good.

Is that with rego etc.
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 03:46   #6 (permalink)

id take it at if u know its in fairly decent condition and it has all the stereo gear etc...
Old 09-19-2004, 04:49   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwob
id take it at if u know its in fairly decent condition and it has all the stereo gear etc...
but you'd take it just for the stereo haha

5000 will be with whatever rego is left on it when he leaves, it will be registered till he leaves cauz he needs it as daily driver
Quote:
Old 09-19-2004, 05:05   #8 (permalink)

yer i would....but it also has a car wrapped around it that you seem to be interested in!

with a v8 in it!
Old 09-19-2004, 05:20   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwob
yer i would....but it also has a car wrapped around it that you seem to be interested in!

with a v8 in it!
LOL yeah... ihe was driving along and i found his street directory 2000... i said hey im still on 1997.... then he said u buy the car and i throw it in.... i said i buy the book and you throw the car in...he said the books gunna cost u 5thousand hahaha

no im not just interested in the sound system, its a plus as i thought he woulda taken it with him when he leaves
Quote:
Old 09-19-2004, 06:39   #10 (permalink)
in the chopshop workshop

mate i think you should go for a MKII eski(hmmmm maybe im a bit biased when it comes to buying cars )

better on fuel, and easier to put into corners hehehehehehe

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub