Courtesy Cars - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2003, 06:05   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Courtesy Cars

My EF falcon is currently in the Maughan Thiem crash shop at Port Adelaide, and they have given me a courtesy car (AU Futura).

i dont know if anyone else is as crazy as me, but iv had it for two weeks now and have already washed it about 10 times!!!!

its still a ford, have to give it the upmost respect!

u probably all think im crazy, but im just ford crazy.
Hot Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2003, 06:13   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Bit crazy, but you have respect for FORDS. what's the EF having done to it?
johnny r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 06:21   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

someone ran up my ass on Anzav HWY, BIG damage. bent chassis etc... $7, 000 worth. just as well for comp. insurance!!

should be finished by the end of the week. cant wait to get it back.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:26   #4 (permalink)
Ford Member

That's bad luck! Lucky you had insurance. Hear Maughan thiem do excellent work.
johnny r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 06:26   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot Ef
someone ran up my ass on Anzav HWY, BIG damage. bent chassis etc... $7, 000 worth. just as well for comp. insurance!!

should be finished by the end of the week. cant wait to get it back.
$7K worth of damage? I'm amazed they didn't write it off, it's market value wouldn't be that much more if it's a GLi or Futura ($9 to $10K?). Unless you've got a decent agreed value.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 07:00   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

nah its a fairmont mate, also, got an agreed value of a lot more than 7 k on it, so i was alright with that price this time. still, a lot of money though.

yeah, im hoping maughan thiems will do better work than the mob that my mate took his car to ( they didnt straighten out the chassis properly), i shall fail to name the place, unless anyone wants to know of course.
Old 05-11-2003, 16:53   #7 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Well thats a great attitude you have there. I'm the same with company cars i borrow, if i take it home it always gets a wash, makes a good impression at work as well.

I really can't believe some people who drive company cars and trash the daylights out of them and don't service them. Sure one can drive quick and give it abit but blatently breaking cars is another thing.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub