Courtesy for other ford drivers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2004, 20:20   #1 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Courtesy for other ford drivers

ok well I would like to believe, depending what mood im in, that I do think about other drivers 100% when giving way etc etc.

My question is, when you see a nice ford (or just about any ford), do you give them special treatment? Like at cross intersections do you let them through with a little wave? I do it most of the time, and have a good gawk at their car while I am at it.

But I must say the reverse happens when I see a commodore (most definatley a VL)..if there is a gap for them...I dont think so!..I creep up and deny them. Immature, maybe a little, but they deserve it, its not my fault they brought the wrong car.

And if that commo happens to have P plates..hehe..no chance Mr! I just mumble to myself, "turn that hat around the other way, bring your seat forward so its not touching the rear, and get yourself some yellow pages so you can see over the dash and I might just let you in"

Does anyone else do this?...im not some kind of Holden Nazi....I just give different people different treatment.

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2004, 20:24   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: Courtesy for other ford drivers

Peak hour traffic driving, can't be stuffed let em in, let em out, who cares, as long as no accidents and I get to work, and I get home.

But cut me off for no reason, then I get pay back, if you miss your turn cause I block you ........... BAD luck ..... you feeling luck punk ;0)

Jason

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 20:24   #3 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

LOL - I treat everyone equally: bugger them!!!

Seriously, I don't really care, I generally treat all drivers the same and would let them in. Unless they are queue jumpers, then they can bugger off....
Old 01-28-2004, 20:34   #4 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy999
But cut me off for no reason, then I get pay back, if you miss your turn cause I block you ........... BAD luck ..... you feeling luck punk ;0)

Jason
haha yeah...to get revenge I just tailgate a little bit, but they would of had to of done somehting pretty bad for that to happen. I really want to fix a truck horn as my horn is busted at the moment and all I can do is shout!..lol

Just so people dont gte the wrong idea, im not talking about road rage here, just little things like being nice to other in shopping centre car parks and alike.

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 20:45   #5 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Well having moved from sydney, i wish to state that victorian drivers are the worst.

In a car park the rule is stop some one backing out of a spot at all cost.

When merging lanes, just merge the other person will move out of they way.

If you miss a turn just pull a U-turn, dont worry about other traffic.

Roundabout - huh whats that, go as fast as you can and close your eyes.

Keep Clear At All Times on the road means park as many cars as possible accross it.

Trams - don't go past the tram when it is moving it may want to stop, when it stops floor it and honk the horn and the people trying to get on the tram.

Red Turn Arrows are a suggested action, turn if you want dont look for traffic that wastes time.

thats all I can think off, while some of this happens in Sydney I have found them to be far more courteous especially in peak hour traffic.

P.S. i was trying not to turn into a road rage thread, was just saying :0)

Jason

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 21:22   #6 (permalink)
Not a Twink

When I'm driving, driving a Ford is the difference between getting let in or not :D
honer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 21:41   #7 (permalink)
{';'}

I hate it when people don't acknowledge you when you pull over if there is a car parked on the side of the road to let someone through. That pisses me off and I usually give them the bird as they pass!

Other than that, I try and play it fairly on the roads. If someone needs to get in because a lane is closed or something, by all means I let them in. I just get really pissed when people try and get to places quicker by flying up a merging lane and try cutting in, I do my best not to let those people in.

If someone has a nice Ford, then they may get special treatment But not those arrogant turds in $100,000 cars thinking that they're so much better than everyone else just because they have a newer and more expensive car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 21:48   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
I hate it when people don't acknowledge you when you pull over if there is a car parked on the side of the road to let someone through. That pisses me off and I usually give them the bird as they pass!

Other than that, I try and play it fairly on the roads. If someone needs to get in because a lane is closed or something, by all means I let them in. I just get really pissed when people try and get to places quicker by flying up a merging lane and try cutting in, I do my best not to let those people in.

If someone has a nice Ford, then they may get special treatment But not those arrogant turds in $100,000 cars thinking that they're so much better than everyone else just because they have a newer and more expensive car.
Yep, I second all of that.

Had to merge due to road works the other night, some stupid little bimbo just sat there, didn't even look at me as I tried to merge, eyes straight ahead. Then she decided to get into the service lane to make up ground, just barged through without looking, it's a worry.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 21:53   #9 (permalink)
gone

Yes

I have noticed this, seems the T series cars had a presence on the road and others took note of you.

The Au forte I had for a while was deff a target of others aggresion and with the Explorer I just dont give a damm, seems the size of the vehicle demands respect and for those that fail to give way they soon swerve
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 22:03   #10 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior™

I give way to mostly everyone as I feel it helps traffic flow better, as opossed to being an idiot and not letting anyone in... So if theres a nice GT or XR etc of course I'll give them special attention so long as they are appreciative. I almost T-boned a XWGT yesterday... He turned right in front of me and the clown wasn't even looking for oncoming cars. Lucky one of us was paying attention!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub