crap - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2001, 23:30   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

mad crap

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...256AF70002326E
ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2001, 23:39   #2 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Damn. We were just talking in another thread about Fords holes. Meaingin they dont have anough cars for each category. Still the XR8 for the first time in a while got in the best sports car under 56k category over SS commodore:s5
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 00:55   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Helloooo... Commode quality problems????
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 04:50   #4 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

heh quality problems, tell me about it. Fuinny story at TAFE few days ago some chick kept tellin me how "crap" ford is and how bad they build them. When I asked her why Commodores were recalled more times than Falcons she replies "what's recall mean?" The smart people buy Fords. The dumb buy Holden. therefore Holden sell more becasue the world is full of Morons. Sorry not dumb buy holden but nearly everyone who buys holden isnt someone in the know likfe hobbes strife ect but are becasue they been brainwashed to think that they are better and an "australian company". We all buy Fords for reasons like the thread someone posted the other week about why we all like Ford. Most becasue its been in the family or we liked them ages ago when they were more competitive. GRRRR i write to much BS... (could have kept going all day)
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Old 11-01-2001, 05:12   #5 (permalink)
RACE

I read somewhere that even though the Commo has more quality issues, that's not what sells. It's the "feeling" and "image" (?) that attracts buyers. Sooo that's what we need, a bit more feel. :bs1:
Old 11-01-2001, 05:25   #6 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

I didn't like ford because we had it in the family(we do now).few times I had to rent cars from the airport at brisbane and I tried many things,the commodore is one of them which I thought,it was a bit dangerous to drive it above 60.The car swings right and left as if the suspension is 100.000 k old.the car did 2000 at that time so it must be the best any commodore owner could get.It swallowed petrol like an alkoholic,it used almost as my brother's XR8.My brother sometimes smells petrol with a bit of smoke when I floor it.I honestly didn't enjoy driving it compared to forte.But again the idiots out of the windows look at me as if ,good on u you've choosen commodore!
forte don't look that good,but xrs are the sexiest brilliant cars I've ever seen.two years ago I sent photos to some of my friends overseas,never seen any of the XR or the HSV,they all said wow that car with rounded eyes are amazing,what is it?I think if XR had the facility to have equal engine capacity like holdens,no one could argue that it's definitely the better car.
Old 11-01-2001, 05:58   #7 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

yep. the xr8 now has only 5kw less and 25nm less:bgrrrr: than SS commodore But it stil was enough to take it over the line when tested by both wheels and MOTOR. MOTOR even posted a better lap time with BFYB. When the AV xr8 with dohc 5.4L comes out it will be unstopable.:s5 :s3
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)

Old 11-01-2001, 06:01   #8 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

it's November now,where is the T3????when will they put it at dealers?
Old 11-01-2001, 06:04   #9 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

ayman id say they would have started distribution to fte dealers in November.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)

Old 11-01-2001, 06:15   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ayman
it's November now,where is the T3????when will they put it at dealers?
Saw a nice grey one going down the line at BroadMeadows today
Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling to see the "250" (kw) label stuck to the top of the engine intake plenum

:s6:
batbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub