Credit Card Fraud - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2002, 18:47   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Credit Card Fraud

After finally getting my replacement credit card about 2 months ago after waiting 2 months for a replacement we get a call from the bank asking us about some dodgy transactions. This is after we get a call in tassie last week asking us if we were in tassie as we havent used the card for a while and then it goes beserk in another state.
Yeah Yeah .. we already got a call about that ..
umm.. Cairns Last week?? Port Kembla ??? no.........
It appears some enterprising thief got hold of our number and has been making some purchases!
Hope they catch them as I will go to court so I can give them the death look ... and if they walk out with a bond or something there is something about summary justice running through my head! Not that its likely they will be caught
For once I am more than happy with the bank! but don't tell anyone that :oo1: :oo1: :oo1: :oo1:

downside is we have to get another card, set up payments, wait for all the people who we paid and now won't get paid to contact usas the transactions don't go through immedately as you would expect....
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2002, 20:16   #2 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

I got a phone call from Which Bank a while back after I pulled a few grand out of my A/C with the plastic in a single withdrawal for a bank chq for the mighty EA S. They must have something that identifies unusually large or just unusual withdrawals or patterns and were just checking that it was legit. I'm glad they do this.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 07:20   #3 (permalink)
1 bad 302

If my information is correct, they don't bother too much with any withdrawls below $1000.00, only any amount above it.
dragonV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 14:56   #4 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

Hey XA... that really sux!!!

Hopefully they will catch the f#%king thief and teach em a lesson.

I wish my bank had done something like that.... Once I got a statement, and there were about 8 purchases (large purchases) from QLD over a 3 or 4 day period... (I was wondering why I had hit my limit). I filled in a dispute form, and got all the money back.
Old 03-20-2002, 16:59   #5 (permalink)

that does suck XA Coupe. sounds like the bank is doing the right thing though.

i had a simmilar experience which really surprised me last year. i put a large deposit on a holiday overseas with a travel company which promptly went bust. i got all these letters from the recievers etc stating that i might get 1 cent in the dollar if i was lucky. somone told me to ring the bank as i had used the credit card for the deposits and they may be able to reverse the transaction. lo and behold, 3 weeks later, every cent of it turns up in my account.

strange animals these banks. one day they try and rip you blind and the next they save your a$$.
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 04:14   #6 (permalink)
351 - What a magic number

When I sold the ED XR8, I got the bank cheque deposited in the bank, then transferred the money to kill loans and things..
A day or so later, the bank rang up to check to see what I was up to... They said' Can we help you with anything else?'
My thoughts of free money came to mind but I doubt they would
have given me any!!!

Ed :)

HSV - I just don't want one....EVER!

My XF 3 on the tree ute is ALWAYS stuck in third......
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub