Cricket Sledging - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2002, 22:29   #1 (permalink)

Cricket Sledging

Top sledges:

When Australia toured New Zealand a few years back and Blair Pocock was opening the batting for the Kiwis. Having played and missed at a couplehe was then approached by Mark Waugh from slip. Waugh pointed at Pocock and said "oh yeah, I remember you, you toured Australia a couple of years ago. You were sh*t then too." Pocock then proceded to hit the next ball for four and pointed at Waugh and said "oh yeah, I remember you too, you had that f.....g ugly old girlfriend ... and then you went and married her you dumb c**t."

Glenn McGrath (to Otto Brandes, tubby South African no.11, after a 85mph delivery whistles past OB's chin) : "Why are you so fat?" OB : Because every time I f**k your wife, she gives me a biscuit.

During Australia's last tour of South Africa it was rumoured that Daryll Cullinan had been consulting a psychologist to exorcise the demons that appeared whenever Warne removed his hat. No sooner had Cullinan arrived at the crease than Warne snarled: "I'm going to send you straight back to your shrink."

An English county bowler was having surprising success against the great West Indian Viv Richards, who'd played and missed at several balls. Foolishly, the bowler piped up: "Hey Viv, it's red and it's round." A steaming Richards cracked the next ball into another postcode and told the bowler," Hoy mon. You know what it looks like - go fetch it."

Merv Hughes was being Merv, aiming constant abuse at English batsman Robin Smith. But having been told that he "couldn't bat to save his f*****g life", Smith smashed a four, walked down the pitch and said: "Make a good pair, don't we? I can't f*****g bat and you can't f*****g bowl."

Sledging can be plain amusing. It's unlikely Merv Hughes was thinking tactically when he told a struggling English batsmen: "I'll bowl you a f*****g piano, ya Pommie p**f. Let's see if you can play that."

During a WSC final at the SCG where the game had been shortened due to rain and the atmosphere was running at about 95% humidity a very exhausted Arjuna Ranatunga appealed that he had "sprained" something. He duly asked the umpire for a runner. As clear as a bell through the effects mic you heard Healey's legendary reply "you don't get a runner for being an overweight, unfit, fat c**t".
MrBrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2002, 04:03   #2 (permalink)
Drunk Irishman

LMAO!!!!
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 18:45   #3 (permalink)
Not a Twink

Heheheh what a classic! I was almost in tears with laughter, especially at the last 3 :)
honer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub