Cricket World Cup - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2003, 05:28   #1 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

cool Cricket World Cup

Who has been following it? I am watching Australia play Zimbabwe right now. Go the Aussies!
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2003, 06:33   #2 (permalink)
Red-i

Mate, I support Australia in every sport they represent, but the Aussie cricket team, I can't stand the pricks. A bunch of arragent, spoilt, foul mouthed, sore looses and as for Warne, who is he trying to fool?
Old 02-24-2003, 07:09   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

Thats a load of crap Red-i.
They aren't arrogant, they are confident. They win because they are confident no matter what the situation. If you look at all the great teams over the years in any sport you'll see that they all have the same attitude: Man United, the All Blacks, Skaifey and HRT hehe i had to do it...

Spoilt? How are they spoilt? They have worked hard to be the best and play hard to STAY the best. Its earned.

Foul mouthed? Maybe. But only on the field, and sledging is apart of the game, always has been. Every other team does it, its not just the aussies. I will say though that the aussies do it best (Mcgrath, Waugh, Hayden...all intimidating and all put the opposition off).

And sore losers? I refuse to agree with you. Sure they get frustrated when coming under the hammer, but after any series or game they have always given credit where due. The India series for example. I can't recall any instance where Steve Waugh has whinged and moaned and not given credit to the opposing team after a loss.

I hate it when people whinge about this 'arrogance'. They play the game hard, and when its finished they shake hands and all show good sportsmanship. I'd rather them play the way they do now then act like a bunch of soft pansys like the english team.
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 07:41   #4 (permalink)
Red-i

Quote:
Originally posted by He|mut
Spoilt? How are they spoilt?

I hate it when people whinge about this 'arrogance'. They play the game hard, and when its finished they shake hands and all show good sportsmanship.
Matt Hayden and the dressing room incedent?

sportsmanship? try explaining what that means to a one Darren Leehman!

These are just two of the more recent exaples of what a bunch of Donkey's the Aussie team is. I could keep going, but I don't want things to turn ugly. I like the game of Cricket, but in the last five years or so, the Aussies while being number one in that respect have become idiots on and off the field and as a fellow Australian I'm disapointed with of our conduct of what was once known to be a gentelmans sport.
Old 02-24-2003, 16:05   #5 (permalink)
falconS

so because one player makes a racist comment, you blacken the name of the entire team!?!?! i can't tell you how rediculous and pathetic that comment is. You wouldn't like it if someone said "all Ford driver's are irrisponsible idiots who are a menace on the road", just beacuse some fool driving a Falcon did something stupid. think before you talk.
Old 02-24-2003, 17:05   #6 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Can't the Aussies show emotion? Matty Hayden had a bullshit decision. I could see where I was sitting in the stands that he was not out. Does a small outburst make him arrogant? It wasn't on the feild, it was in the dressing room.

The team are WORLD CHAMPIONS. And they worked expremly hard to do it.

Donkeys? I know who the Donkey is here.

"Warnie for PM."
Old 02-25-2003, 01:18   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by falconS
so because one player makes a racist comment, you blacken the name of the entire team!?!?! i can't tell you how rediculous and pathetic that comment is. You wouldn't like it if someone said "all Ford driver's are irrisponsible idiots who are a menace on the road", just beacuse some fool driving a Falcon did something stupid. think before you talk.
The nail has been hit on the head.
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 03:13   #8 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

If you can't say something positive don't say it at all. Controversial issue's will only cause disagreements, which will turn into flame posts and eventual thread locks.

Lets stay on track can we please?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 04:42   #9 (permalink)

GO AUSSIES GO !!!
Old 02-25-2003, 13:14   #10 (permalink)

The Australian Cricket Team are legends. And that's coming from a New Zealander.

I love watching them play, tests or ODI's. Sure we hate losing to you lot in anything, but they are great to watch. You're very lucky to have these guys.
Kiwi Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub