Criticism of the merger: my response - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2002, 10:55   #1 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Criticism of the merger: my response

I urge you all to take a look at this important thread. You may reply here or there with any comments.

http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...threadid=18207

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2002, 15:22   #2 (permalink)
-

as a member of the old EA forum for nearly a year now (i think?), i was a bit skeptical when it came time to make changes

i for one have to say i like the idea of having the forums here, as they allow the members of the E series club to meet other ford owners, but still allows us to crap on about our cars without boring owners of newer cars, who wouldnt be interested in hearing about mods to a car 12 years older than theirs.

i guess theres always people against change though...
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 15:53   #3 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

Don't be too disheartened, Jack... What you have done with this club over the past year (???) that I have been a member is truly inspirational. You have taken it from just a small discussion forum to an extremely large club, and as such this merger is the next logical step in getting people to take the club seriously.

I, like Jason (and i'm sure many others), was very skeptical of the merger, but I think it has come off very nicely, and right now I couldn't be happier!

People will ALWAYS oppose change, it's in their nature to do so. And yes, these people make a good point about it making things more specific and more time consuming to read, but if, like myself you used to read BOTH forums anyway, then this merger only makes things MORE efficient.

I'll post on the subject over in the pub also...

Keep up the good work!

Dave

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 16:23   #4 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Jack,

Remember that old saying;

"He who tries to please everyone will end up pleasing no one"

Keep up your spirits - good move IMHO.

In fact didn't I suggest it way, way back in time on the EA board?
Where is my spotters fee?
Old 05-29-2002, 17:11   #5 (permalink)
RACE

I think it's a good idea as there are alot of younger FF members (no offence intended to anyone else!!) who own E-series Falcons as they are obviously the most affordable relatively late model Falcons. These are the guys that will one day hopefully buy a new Falcon (I am one of them).

It also puts together a greater network of Ford fans together.

So it's all good.
Old 05-29-2002, 17:11   #6 (permalink)
Poor IT guy

Quote:
Originally posted by jbolger
as a member of the old EA forum for nearly a year now (i think?), i was a bit skeptical when it came time to make changes

i for one have to say i like the idea of having the forums here, as they allow the members of the E series club to meet other ford owners, but still allows us to crap on about our cars without boring owners of newer cars, who wouldnt be interested in hearing about mods to a car 12 years older than theirs.

i guess theres always people against change though...
A lot of the Ford Forum members have old cars or have owned older cars.

I think that the Garage sections should merge because there is alot of knowledge about and it would be a pain posting in the two sections. Just seams easier.
The rest is fine IMO.
Homer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 18:26   #7 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Yeah merging the garage of both forums seems logical, and if theres a need to divide the tech articles it can be divided up within the garage.

As for merging of other threads i guess we'll just see what happens as time goes by.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 20:09   #8 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Thanks for the comments guys. To confirm my stance, I would suggest a long-term plan involving merging all our Modifications and Technical problems sections, including the EF-EL Technical problems sections, and eventually merging the whole lot with The Garage.

Due to the sensitivity of this issue at present, I have proposed that we allow the dust to settle before making any further changes.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 00:47   #9 (permalink)
Now boostless :-(

I definately preferred having the EA board seperate to Fordforums, it's a bit of a case of when worlds collide at the moment.
But this is in no way a criticism, because anyone who criticises Jack over the merger should be shot as he has done so much for us, and without him there would never have been an EA discussion board. So Jack keep up the good work.
NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 01:00   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I don't see the problem with the merging .. bringing more ford people together is always a good thing.......

When do I start a XA-C series forum???? hehehehehehehe
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub

« Xmas Story | Cows »