Customer Service - A Model That Everyone Can Learn From.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2002, 22:09   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Thumbs down Customer Service - A Model That Everyone Can Learn From....

Yes, another cop bashing thread.... Apologies.

AP's weekend event:
Waiting in a line of cars at an intersection with my trailer attached. Truck and dog combo comes around corner, but there's parked cars and he can't quite do the turn. Instead of stopping he comes barreling over the double lines in front of me, turns across my nose, and proceeds through the tiny gap. Except his trailer doesn't want to quite make it. So he turns his wheels and drives into my trailer, pushing it out of his way. WTF! So I hop out and approach him asking why he's got so little patience. He grins and so I ask him an obvious question "Are you stupid"?

Next thing he's chasing me with a winch bar! Says he's gonna show me what stupid means.

Now, cop shop is less than 30 seconds away so I head up there foot to the floor to report this guy. Cop wanders over casually, takes details, types into the computer for a few minutes, and says they'll get a car over from the next station (around 15 minutes away). Of course there's at least 4 cops in front of me and two cars out the front.

I wait, wait, wait and get pissed off and head back to the building site. Guy's gone. Later he comes back for another load, I get a rego and call the same cop. He says come up and report it. WTF? I say meet me at the building site.

So I take photos of the guy whilst waiting for the cops, no one turns up and the truckie leaves AGAIN! I go to cop shop and there's now at least six cops sitting on their fat butts and three cars out front. All within 30 seconds max drive of the crime scene!

So, I have to make a report, statement. Cop can't type to save his life and so I spend over an hour composing two pages of text. Then he wanders off, comes back and sends me to the scene with two cops in a car. Of course truckie isn't there so the two cops tell me that if he comes back call them and they'll come on down. I ask "which time do you ACTUALLY come because I've tried that twice". The reply (I heard these words three times during these events) is "We're doing the best we can". Then I get told to go back to the station because the statement needs some changes. I gave up.

I wonder why I bother at all, and I was so polite and restrained it isn't funny....... If anyone ran a business this way they'd be on the dole.

Lesson:
Look after yourself because cops will sometimes arrive AFTER the incident, if at all. AP now carries weapon in car to PROTECT himself. Cops promote crime by not giving a damn.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2002, 22:45   #2 (permalink)
gone

AP

Sorry to hear mate, time to address this issue further up the line....

Its just not on!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 23:19   #3 (permalink)

Laminge:
My dad always thought I was harsh on the Police. He was there through all of this and in his words said "Son, you're right. I've never seen such a useless bunch of people in all my life".

There must be good cops, and I apologise for generalisations, but all I see is worse and worse.

Like one visit to Hurstville station a few years back to report a stolen car. The cop couldn't fill in the report properly because one of the keyboard keys was not working on two of the PCs. In his explanation at the time it was because that was the "fire" key for the game they played and all the keyboards eventually died. I lie not!

'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

Old 08-11-2002, 23:19   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

lesson : keep your trap shut???
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 23:21   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by xa-coupe
lesson : keep your trap shut???
Yes. Have truck ram your car/trailer out of the way and say nothing. Just ignore the guy as he drives off....... :dead:

Are you for real? (AP hopes XA is joking as usual)

Old 08-11-2002, 23:32   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

maybe I should rephrase it..asking someone if he is stupid (and he obviously is) is not going to win you a friend!!!! It's called not inflaming the situation.
The situation was hardly urgent as you 'head up there' obviously he wasn't chasing you or you would have 'run up there' with weapon wielding attacker in hot pursuit.
I am not going to address the business of the police not jumping up and dropping everything to do this job ..we have an irreconcilable difference on that
Old 08-11-2002, 23:44   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Hmmmm ... while this is NOT good customer service it is also an example of ensuring that our reactions to issues are "appropriate".

I ain't suggesting that nothing should be said to the truckie but it is probably a tad unwise to issue a mouthful of abuse to someone that is more than likely to have a 1:18 scale Sydney Opera House tattooed on his bicep!!

Sometimes discretion IS the better part of valour.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 23:44   #8 (permalink)

The only reason I got away was I jumped in car quick smart and had it in drive and foot flat to floor just before he got to the car (my door was still open as I took off!)

Anyhow, tell me this was efficient Policing. I have heard HP tell the public they need high powered cars so they can catch offenders when the offence is being, or has just been committed. Yet for assault they couldn't get off their bums.

Look, I'll say no more other than the facts above. People can make their own judgements on how much they can rely on their Police force. And not everyone is as close to a cop shop when a crime is committed.

Old 08-11-2002, 23:48   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I didn't say it was efficient.. it was far from it .. but you always assume that it's the fat lazy cops sitting there that are the problem..there are more problems and crimes that just yours!! I wouldnt rely on the police either and I was one..but I wouldn't put myself in a position where I was being attacked with a weapon.. and if I was then that's just the attackers bad luck that day... you can do lots of things once the law is on your side!
(I do miss these 'discussions' I normally butt out but today I felt like it !)
Old 08-11-2002, 23:49   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by russellw
Hmmmm ... while this is NOT good customer service it is also an example of ensuring that our reactions to issues are "appropriate".

I ain't suggesting that nothing should be said to the truckie but it is probably a tad unwise to issue a mouthful of abuse to someone that more than is just as likely to have a 1:18 scale Sydney Opera House tattooed on his bicep!!

Sometimes discretion IS the better part of vaour.

Cheers
Russ
Agreed. You should EXPECT to be beaten with a winch bar in such occasions for using the word 'stupid' (as opposed to a mouthful of abuse which I would sort of understand given this gorilla was of MEA - I can assume I was lucky he didn't have a gun)...... Also, the offender can rightfully expect to get away with it because the Police will arrive after someone is dead or permanently maimed.

If the cops in this case had no resources at the station I would understand. Fully.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub