Daily Drivers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2001, 15:51   #1 (permalink)
Capri Member

Daily Drivers

Where does one start? I have 3 cars, 88 sable, 96 taurus wgn, and 79 merc capri. Since I'm single, I pretty much drive the one which has the most gas in it, or which needs the battery charged up. Would like to get rid of the wagon, and find a nice 93 5.0 lx ragtop, but havn't stumbled upon the right one. Kind of funny if someone had told me a year ago I'd sell my f150 4x4 and have 3 cars I'd have thought they were on drugs. The Sable was to be a winter beater, yeah we still use some salt in the Mountains, and about Xmas I found the crank had way too much front to rear movement. ( thrust bearings) Since I still had plans to drive 850 miles and back over the holidays, I picked up the wagon. I do like her, shes loaded, and still havn't pulled the 3.0 in the 88. The Capri I've had since 87 and slowly but surely, she's being upgraded to a 5.0 level. Thanks for letting me ramble, later... Dan
eastwildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2001, 12:44   #2 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

I had a Dodge Daytona first with the 3.0l V6, it was fast but handling (suspension and wheels) and brakes were inadueqette for my paste of driving. I ended up turning around at 80-85 mph on the LIE facing traffic still slipping backwards in a turn... I was afraid I would hit the wall in the turn. My friend that was with me in the car prepared himself for impact and as he told me later he was praying out loud... he thought we were dead meat. Anyways, I got it back somehow, when I was finally headed the right way again I was too far to the right (after going through 3 lanes backwards and than sideways) and I had a lightpole coming at me. I hit the rear quarterpanel on the side and the very last second I avoided collision with the pole. When I stopped finally I got out, checked the car, there was only a 2 inch small scratch on the rear quarter (that I just rubbed off) and we were both alll right.
I gave the daytona away and got a Maxima for daily driver. Thats what Im driving still, but looks like I just blew the tranny. I guess Ill have to get another PGT for daily driver, nothing else can keep up with me... (I had a '93 PGT for daily driver this winter but I ended up colliding with a bus...) Guess I have bad luck with daily drivers, Im up to 3 in the last 6 months...
Old 05-11-2001, 00:08   #3 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

I own a 2000 Dodge Durango V8, and a 1990 Ford Probe V6. The Ford Probe is my daily driver, the Durango is more for the family and the "wife". I will have to get a winter beater once I get a killer paint job on my Probe, WHENEVER THE H3LL THAT WILL BE!

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub