Damn Bursons, what should I do? (URGENT) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2003, 15:59   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Damn Bursons, what should I do? (URGENT)

To cut a long story short, I ordered some King Superlow springs from Bursons but they didn't order King Springs, they ordered some other brand Superlows that are supposed to be exactly the same.

The part number for these springs is : FFRL-27SL
The part number for the King version is : KFFL-27SL

Apparently both are 2 1/2 inch lower than standard.

I don't care if they aren't Kings but I want them to be bloody lower than my current rear ride height. It's really starting to get to me now how they didn't tell me that they were different earlier, because I need the car to look nice and low by Friday to show it off and this has thrown me in to a real spin. I wanted my car to have similar height to eafairmontghia's car.

My current springs are Lovell, with KYB heavy duty shock absorbers. Does anyone know if the car will DEFINITELY drop lower than it is now by roughly an inch and a half or so. I checked on a ruler yesterday and 2 and 1/2in doesn't seem so low anymore.

Will it help if I get some stock shock absorbers?

I've probably confused some people but someone should understand what I'm trying to say. $100 is a lot of money for a 17yo like me, I work really hard for the money I get and I don't want to spend it if I wont notice a difference.

Cheers,

Sundeep

Last edited by Sundeep; 10-21-2003 at 16:01.
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2003, 16:17   #2 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Re: Damn Bursons, what should I do? (URGENT)

How about filling the boot with a whole lot of stuff if it doesnt work out?

I guess your option would be to fit these springs and see what you think. you'll find that with the front being lower itll tend to leave the rear a little higher than what it should be so you might be pleasently surprised when you put the new springs in

If you arent happy with em you can always return them (as lng as they don't get scratched which is pretty hard not to do)
Old 10-21-2003, 16:40   #3 (permalink)

Why is it so urgent?

Anyway, just fit the springs and if they look good keep them. If they don't look that good take them back and say they are not as low as King Superlows like they promised.

Ash

Last edited by Kenaz; 10-21-2003 at 17:07.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 16:41   #4 (permalink)
Chasing down oil leaks...

Sunny, this is a post I made ages ago regarding heights of King Springs..

I got an email back today (I asked what will be the suspension heights with Low springs) from King Springs...

Daniel,

We have lowered coils KFFL-26 (HTG 365mm) & KFRL-27 (HTG 375mm) available for your model vehicle. Monroe GT gas shocks are a suitable option for these coils.

Regards,

Brad Green - Sales & Service
KING SPRINGWORKS PTY LTD

So from this information I am assuming that King Spring Lows on a EA-EL Falcon (EA-EL have same part numbers) will give centre hub to top of guard heights of 365mm front and 375mm rear...

So anyone thinking of going this route then just measure those up and thats how low your car will be.. And for superlows just take another 20-30mm off that...

Anyways when I put mine in - they were only lows, the drivers side is lower than the passenger side by about 10mm, i don't know why and there hasn't been any problems with it, but if you do the measurements then you should se how they will look.. Just don't forget things like worn trailing arm bushes, etc which will cause serious problems on superlows..

Dan..

Axeman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 16:47   #5 (permalink)

I just did a calculation on my tyre sizes 215/65/14's which means that they should be 635mm high which gives them a hub to top of tyre height of 317mm so super lows should have the tyres sitting just level with the guard i think.. All the pics I've seen have the tyres up into the guards so maybe my calcs are off..

Simple procedure is take out a rear coil and stand it next to one of the new ones.. they will be physically different in size..

Dan..

Old 10-21-2003, 17:52   #6 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Umm I think you will find that the FFRL is for back springs and KFFL is for the front.
dad bought springs for me from bursons at trade price and he told me that they were the generic brand that they recommended and they came and they were king springs.

Cheers
Dan
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 17:57   #7 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

I was wrong.
These are the parts numbers taken from the king springs catalogue.
FALCON EA-EL 6CYL S/LOW
front KFFL-26SL *
rear KFRL-27SL
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 18:02   #8 (permalink)

Mine actually came in a fulcrum suspension box which i was told was a place that buys em off king springs and gets its own packaging.. Either way I'm happy with em and now would love some stiffer sway bars.. After a head gasket change of course..

Dan..

Old 10-21-2003, 19:34   #9 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Sunny they didnt give you the name of the springs did they? I just got a quote for $150 for Kings SL Rear. The guy then lowered it to $145 after I told him Bursons sell them for $105.
Old 10-21-2003, 23:02   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Thanks guys, I think I'll just go with them and see if it works out. Most people who have put Superlows in their cars are pretty happy, I don't think I'll be the first exception. I'll be picking them up tonight and fitting them.

My KYB shocks should go alright with them I suppose. I was speaking to an RACV dude today and he told me that the shock absorber hasn't got anything to do with the height, it just keeps the spring in the car.

I checked the KS site and the actual part no. is as DansEDGli says, KFRL not KFFL.

Ash: It's urgent because I am showing the car off on Friday to some mates on muck up day Not to mention the chickys lol.

I'll let you guys know what happens. If it doesn't work out, expect my next thread title to "Bayswater Bursons, my 2c"

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub