The Dead Horse - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2002, 00:57   #1 (permalink)
Dead Horse

The Dead Horse

This is the dead horse, could you please stop beating me? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I am not trying to tell anyone what to say or think at all, I just think this issue has been flogged to death and everyone is sick of hearing about it. All I see is whinging about Ford changing the tickford name when it is not even fords decision to do so, we have people complaining about the quality of the pics released, we have people whinging about whether the wings will be on the XR6 and 8, and those who whinge that we have only got pictures and no firm engine details, and those who complain about various aspects of the newfalcon.com.au website, it is my opinion that these forums are full of whingers when you really have nothing to be whinging about, my question is why cannot people be happy with what they have been given so far, afterall they could be in a far worse position and not have ANY pics or details yet, but noone seems to appreciate that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2002, 01:37   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dead Horse

I am not trying to tell anyone what to say or think at all, I just think this issue has been flogged to death and everyone is sick of hearing about it. All I see is whinging about Ford changing the tickford name when it is not even fords decision to do so, we have people complaining about the quality of the pics released, we have people whinging about whether the wings will be on the XR6 and 8, and those who whinge that we have only got pictures and no firm engine details, and those who complain about various aspects of the newfalcon.com.au website
Well said DH.
From a personal perspective I enjoy the speculation about what "might" happen but I am not going to take it too seriously either. At the end of the day the decisions have already been long made whether we like them or not and as more is revealed we can have our say about the FACTS. Getting upset about speculation, rumour and theories is just plain silly.

We won't all like all of the decisions - that's the way it is - but if they are wrong then no doubt they will be fixed once the powers that be see the error of their ways (now there is a novel idea).

In the meantime I am grateful to have seen the facts we have seen, appreciate the posts from Ford heavyweights and look forward to the rest of the info as it becomes available.

Cheers
Russ
Old 08-05-2002, 03:36   #3 (permalink)
svoghia

we also should be lucky that ford has decided to spoil us with pics of the new car comming up. unlike holden and toyota and mitsu.

Old 08-05-2002, 04:18   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

flog me baby flog me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on a serious note...please no more threads that are a re hash !!
Old 08-05-2002, 04:55   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Can't agree more.. Well said DH.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Old 08-05-2002, 08:07   #6 (permalink)

Re: The Dead Horse

Quote:
Originally posted by Dead Horse
This is the dead horse, could you please stop beating me? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I am not trying to tell anyone what to say or think at all, I just think this issue has been flogged to death and everyone is sick of hearing about it. All I see is whinging about Ford changing the tickford name when it is not even fords decision to do so, we have people complaining about the quality of the pics released, we have people whinging about whether the wings will be on the XR6 and 8, and those who whinge that we have only got pictures and no firm engine details, and those who complain about various aspects of the newfalcon.com.au website, it is my opinion that these forums are full of whingers when you really have nothing to be whinging about, my question is why cannot people be happy with what they have been given so far, afterall they could be in a far worse position and not have ANY pics or details yet, but noone seems to appreciate that.
That is the beauty of such forums. If you don't like the subject you dont read the thread. If you disagree then by all means say so. I agree 100% about the state of the forum and have indicated so. The amount of whinging is only equalled by the whinges about whinging and you can take your pic on the subject, be it barra motorsport or Holden bashing. Somewhere along the line people have forgot that there are many valid opinions and thoughts out there and if they are repetitve then that is part and parcel of a forum. tolerance and consideration are valuable points to remember.

To answer your question. People are rarely happy when confronted with a situation they dont understand. The drip feed concept for release is a relatively new concept to this country so Ford have to expect people to be frustrated when the drip raises more questions than it answers.

the whingers you refer to have most likely paid a price to do so. The may be people who have contributed their own money because they believe in the site and the relationship it harbours. Paramount to this will be an underlining passion, and with passion comes more heart on sleave replies. Many of these so called whingers are multiple ford owners of a number of years and that means they have paid hard earned for the privilage.
Perhaps before people place such tags on others, consideration and respect should be paid
Old 08-05-2002, 08:23   #7 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

DH = dickhead

lol... KIDDING.
Old 08-05-2002, 08:55   #8 (permalink)
Dead Horse

Quote:
That is the beauty of such forums. If you don't like the subject you dont read the thread. If you disagree then by all means say so. I agree 100% about the state of the forum and have indicated so. The amount of whinging is only equalled by the whinges about whinging and yoiu can take your pic on the subject, be it barra motorsport or Holden bashing. Somewhere along the line people have forgot that there is many valid opinions and thoughts out there if they are repetitve then that is part and parcel of a forum. tolerance and consideration are valuable points to remember.
Well, it is kind of difficult to not read these threads when basically every thread discussing the BA is full of such whinging, I want to read proper discussions about BA, not read a thread with a few first up good posts and then watch it descend into people whinging about this that or the other, at least I guess this shows good intentions of some people who want to discuss things properly.

Quote:

To answer your question. People are rarely happy when confronted with a situation they dont understand. The drip feed concept for release is a relatively new concept to this country so Ford have to expect people to be frustrated when the drip raises more questions than it answers.
Byt why get frustrated and complain when you know that soon enough the answer to your issues will probably be revealed in the next drip feed which will follow soon after, I mean we were just getting images of the Futura and Fairmont Ghia and already people were complaining about the lack of pics of the XR range, which incidentally followed what was it, two weeks later? It was hardly worth getting worked up about now was it, for a car you won't be able to get in the showrooms for at least another month, a lot of people were acting as if they would have to head into showrooms and put down money on a car they wouldn't see until it was delivered, which is clearly not, and never was going to be the case.

Quote:

the whingers you refer to have most likely paid a price to do so. The may be people who have contributed their own money because they believe in the site and the relationship it harbours. Paramount to this will be an underlining passion, and with passion comes more heart on sleave replies. Many of these so called whingers are multiple ford owners of a number of years and that means they have paid hard earned for the privilage.
Perhaps before people place such tags on others, consideration and respect should be paid
So because these members donated to the site it gives them the right to degrade it for the others by whinging in threads?
I can see the issue of tickford is an emotional one, people have a passion for their cars, and the branding of them, hey, it's what keeps the ford vs holden debate alive, but the removal of tickford badges from future XR series, or the renaming of tickford which is largely due to prodrive taking ownership of the company is hardly taking away the heritage or the passion these owners have for their current cars, noone will come along and take the wings off them and strip them of this heritage, Tickford vehicles as such will always remain a part of fords history, the cars will not just dissappear off the face of the planet, or become "just another falcon" because of these changes. Lets face the fact that many Tickford owners have been burned over the past few years, while some will see this as tough luck for those who were burned, it has tainted the ownership experience for many owners, and the ownership experience was an original selling point of the FTe branding, the Ford Tickford Experience, well a lot of people have had quite a forgettable experience, I see this re adjustment of branding as a way to start afresh, to create an new image for itself that is uncluttered by handling the XR6/8's which some people have a tendency to compare to HSV's as they have the Tickford wings, whereas S/SS are badged as holden vehicles only as well as the seperate FTe branding, to one that is badged and marketed as the equivalent of HSV, and leaving the XR series to be marketed against the S/SS and the T-Series or equivalent range to be marketed against HSV. In my opinion this will anger some of the ford purists, but will benefit ford in the fight to regain sales from your average buyer who doesn't understand the mess of Tickford XR6/8, FTe, and the T series.

Old 08-05-2002, 15:31   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Re: The Dead Horse

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2

The amount of whinging is only equalled by the whinges about whinging and you can take your pic on the subject, be it barra motorsport or Holden bashing. Somewhere along the line people have forgot that there are many valid opinions and thoughts out there and if they are repetitve then that is part and parcel of a forum. tolerance and consideration are valuable points to remember.
I am sorry but I have to disagree with this. I am more than happy to listen to anyones opinion but there is a point where some of what we have seen here deteriorates into senselessness. Take your post for a (positive) example - you have presented a clear and concise opinion that is open to rebuttal (as I am doing) which states your viewpoint in a fair and reasonable manner. That I disagree with your view is only a part of human nature and the many varied life experiences we all have - but I will always defend your right to hold that view.
Some responses, to some issues, do not fall into that category IMO and it is to that type of response that my comments are directed. By definition "whingeing" is an unreasonable complaint, unsupported by the facts and some recent posts definitely pass that definition.

To reiterate what I said in my original reply: there is little point in anyone being "very" upset by speculation and rumour, if only because that's what they are. Passion is one thing but these are not life and death issues - we need to take a wider view and get a grip on what is really important. But hey - that's only my opinion and maybe I am not passionate or loyal enough to this site or the Ford barnd to understand the deeper issues.
Cheers
Russ
Old 08-05-2002, 15:41   #10 (permalink)
gone

Good to see that this thread is leading to a postive outcome...

but I would like to turn this Dead Horse into cat food so I can stop the friggen cats walking all over my car, to me this horse's meat should be rancid enough to kill the little buggers!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub