DEALERS can be so rude - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2003, 17:45   #1 (permalink)

Read DEALERS can be so rude

today i took my car down to TORQUE FORD AT REDCLIFFE QLD

as i had gotten a flyer in the mail say thay where haveing a big sale today

but the flyer also said bring your car in for a free valueation and recive a $50 sevice voucher

so i whent down and i was told i had to be buying a new/used car today
if i wished to get a valueation

so in the end a craced a stink and got the $50 voucher

but no real valueation other then them looking over the roade at it and saying $11.000 to $12.000 mate
jvc head unit
infinity amps and speakers
factory sat nav and colour icc
momo wheel and sports shift
ss inductions cold air intake
k&n air filter
xr seats and door trims
xr dash face
18" xr8 alloy wheels

comeing soon

xr body kit and spoiler
(already have just need to get repainted and fitted)

xr head lights

sliver gt stripes
jeffrey2184au is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2003, 20:10   #2 (permalink)
a vile merchant

Re: DEALERS can be so rude

LOL. Wait till you try one of those 'free safety checks' at a mechanic.
PigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 20:41   #3 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

I don't know what their problem is, valuations are free anyway.

I've had something similar several years ago when my wife and I went and had a look at a Magna Sports. Mitsubishi wanted me to pay them $500 and order a new car just for them to tell me what my repayments would be.

They were most upset when I refused, told them that they can stick the car and that I was going to buy a Falcon, which I did.
Old 11-21-2003, 23:54   #4 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

well my latest experience with dealers was a mixed bag.

Ok I was going around to dealers in Geelong asking about a small car for my mum, basically I was doing some homework.

Anyway Holden were by far the best in service by a mile! Even though all I did was ask for a brochure they took me in, sat me down in an office and explained all my options, I knew everything about the car already but you dont want to let them know that. That was two weeks ago and they still call me asking if my mum has made her mind up. All the other dealers I checked out where mainly japanese and all were very nice to me.

Except, and this suprised me, Ford was terrible. Now being in Geelong I think we all know this particular dealer, who from everthing I heard had a good repuatation. Well I walked in, stood there for abut 5 minutes and NO ONE came near me. There were atleast four desks in there and not one looked at me. I knew what I wanted anyway but still it was a very poor effort, and I felt bad for them thats how wrong it was. So I took my brochures and left.

So even though Ford is doing ok now, they still need to work on a lot of things.

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 01:27   #5 (permalink)

Dealers can be so rude?? Isn't that their job?
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 02:50   #6 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Except, and this suprised me, Ford was terrible. Now being in Geelong I think we all know this particular dealer, who from everthing I heard had a good repuatation. Well I walked in, stood there for abut 5 minutes and NO ONE came near me. There were atleast four desks in there and not one looked at me. I knew what I wanted anyway but still it was a very poor effort, and I felt bad for them thats how wrong it was. So I took my brochures and left.

So even though Ford is doing ok now, they still need to work on a lot of things.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. Customer service at Gorrells sucks.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 04:23   #7 (permalink)

3 years ago I went down to the local toyota dealer on one of their initation only sales (the whole town got invites and they were available at the gate) and had a look at a VS acclaim. As I was in a hurry due to the kids sports the salesman put a held sign on the car and I said I'd return in a couple of hours. Turned up to find a sold sign on the car, so I went to rip someone a new one and got told the held sign must've got lost but the new buyer was awaiting finance. I was so angry I drove to Sydney and bought another VS. The best part was a week later I got a call from the local dealer saying the blokes finance failed and was I still interested,,, I took great pleasure in telling them that I had purchased elsewhere and that I'd never set foot in their dealership after their salesman on the day had bs to me and given me the runaround....
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:50   #8 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

Much as I hate to say it, in the past I've had far better experiences at Holden dealers, than Ford dealers.
Generally, while they are both polite, the Holden boys seem to know their cars much better - what options you can get, prices etc etc, while the Ford guys run for the price guide and option list at the first sign of a question... (I still remember one guy running for assistance at the "can i get a manual v8 forte" question. Took him 5 mins to find someone who could tell him)
I don't get it, its not like they have *that* many cars to sell - how hard is it to remember this stuff ? Most of us can remember more stuff about commo's than some dealers can about their own fleet . . .
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 14:28   #9 (permalink)

rofl funny tale, all the dealers ive been to have always been helpful, however i find it more annoying when they pounce on you immediately as opposed to letting you cruise around looking for 3-5 mins or so, but even when this has happened im always acknowledged with a Hey or hi sir or whatever.
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 16:59   #10 (permalink)

When I was looking for my car, the local Ford dealership were assholes to me. I had two seperate salesman tell me I had "no chance in hell" of finding a manual EF/EL XR6. One of them told me that I should be a little more realistic in my choice of car, as being 20 I'd have no chance of getting any insurance. He tried to tell me he had a 24 yo girl (with a perfect driving record) come in and buy an AU Forte, and the cheapest insurance she could get for it was $2900 a year!!

It's a pity, because this dealer is meant to be the best Ford dealership in Canberra.
And the guy I bought my car off had bought it new at this dealer, and due to their poor service to him when he was looking for a replacement, he ended up buying a Senator
YXR-51X is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub